Fraxel a Waste of Money - Long Island, NY

I had suffered with acne since I was about 16 and...

I had suffered with acne since I was about 16 and is now in my 40's. Ater years of spending tons of money on different acne products I decided to try Fraxel. I used a well known doctor in the NY/garden city area who supposedly helped to develop fraxel. He claimed it would reduce my acne, smooth the indentations etc. etc. What a load of bull. Fraxel did none of those things but left me with all my scars and a suntanned face for close to a year.

I have since changed my eating habits, (no diary, decaf coffee, increase the alkalinity of my body by eating more vegetables and started using Dr. Gross alpha/beta hydroxy sheets. My skin has definitely never looked better. I have no more breakouts/cystic acne. Wish I had done that before wasting my money and time. Please women save your money and do not perform Fraxel on your face. Follow my suggestions listed above and see the difference in a matter of a month.

Hi Britt,

His only comment was that I needed to do 2-3 more sessions to complete the work he had started. My face has lots of discoloration on it as well as all the scars. He ended up prescribing a 6% hydroquinone cream to fade the discoloration. I paid $50 out of pocket to cover the prescription because my insurance did not pick it up. Meanwhile, he has this hydroquinone that he sells at his office for $100. I did ask him to let me have that free of charge since I had already spent so much at his office with no result. His comment was that he was already taking a loss on the product because he reportedly paid more for it. Now which business person would sell something for less that he paid more for. Go figure. These doctors are only out to fill their pockets and move on to the next victim. I will keep you updated.

Oh my, you have gone through quite the ordeal. Yes please do keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

HI spiritualight,

Welcome to the Fraxel community. That's not cool that the process did not work. Did you go back and ask him why it didn't work? Changing your diet sounds like it was a good plan too. Are you going to pursue any other treatments for your scaring? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Dr. R

Fraxel did not deliver what the doctor promised. I had to spent additional monies to get rid of the damage. He supposedly had products that could help but still wanted me to pay for them after spending more than $4000 at his office.