I am 39 years old. I am married to my wonderful...

I am 39 years old. I am married to my wonderful husband who I have been with for 21 years. We have a 16 year old beautiful daughter. I had gastric bypass weight loss surgery August 16, 2010. I have lost 123 pounds and had a lot of skin hanging from my belly area. I also had large handing flat breasts due to all the fat and muscle loss. I decided to have a tummy tuck after my friend had it done and she was very happy with her Plastic Surgeon. I called and made a free consultation on 10/12/12.

We decided to submit my tummy tuck procedure to my insurance to see if they would cover it and they did approve it to my surprise. At that point I decided to go ahead and get my breasts lifted and add implants for shape. I also wanted my pubic area liposuctioned all at the same time. I scheduled my surgery for March 15, 2013. I am now 17 days out from my surgery and each day continues to be challenging, but better then the day before. This procedure is one of the most difficult to recover from and you need to expect to recover 4-6 weeks.

I gave myself 2-3 weeks to return to work and at this moment, I already let my office know I will not be in the 3rd week and I will let them know come Friday, April 5th If I will be coming back Monday, April 8th. My health and healing are way more important money. The key is to take it day by day and to be patient with the recovery and don't panic when you see you tummy swollen. It is going to take weeks for it to get back to normal. Hang in there and feel free to ask any questions you want... Good luck to you!

Today is 3 full weeks post op and I am feeling...

Today is 3 full weeks post op and I am feeling much better. I went and treated myself to a pedicure and a nail fill :) Yesterday I went in to the PS to have most of my stitches removed. He removed all from my tummy tuck and from under my breast lift incisions and a few from my belly button. I will tell you that when he removed the stitch from under my right breast, hurt so bad! My daughter could hear me yelling from the waiting room which was down the hall. Pure torture I tell ya! but the left side went smoothly. I am just glad it's out. I now go in 2 weeks to have the remaining stitches from belly button to be removed.

I had most stitches removed yesterday 4/4/13!...

I had most stitches removed yesterday 4/4/13! Today is 3 full weeks po and I am feeling much, much better. I went and got a pedicure and a nail fill with my daughter. I don't go back to see my Dr. for 2 weeks now to have remaining stitches in my belly button removed. I am going back to my office job Monday 4/8/13

So I went back to work yesterday. I was very...

So I went back to work yesterday. I was very swollen by midday and really swollen by shower time. I wore my compression garment but it was not good enough. Today was a bit better because I wore my full body girdle and my spanx shorts for extra support. Not the most comfortable but had to for it to get through my 8 hour day.This Friday will be 4 weeks post open and I feel better each day
Just really want to swelling to be gone. Does anyone know exactly how long swelling lasts? My tummy and pubic area are still pretty numb. My stomach muscle kill if I sneeze, blow nose or even laugh. I get up and down very easy now. I still have to sleep on my back. I'm uncomfortable on my side.

Today is 27 days PO and I'm off from work today...

Today is 27 days PO and I'm off from work today and plan on just going to have a nice breakfast with my husband and come home and put my feet up in the recliner :-) I'm still swollen and I ware my compression girdle 24/7. I will continue to do so until I am completely healed and no more swelling. I found a dissolveble stitch sticking out from my incision. I grabbed tweezers to see if I could pull it out and it would not. I did not want to force it so I just left it. I see my PS next Thursday 4/18/13. He will remove remaining stitches in my BB. I am very thrilled with my results and highly recommend my PS. I am eating better now. I am able to sleep on my sides now so I am getting better sleep. FYI, have a body pillow to put between your legs and keep your arm propped up as to not have arm weight resting on your new breast. I just want swelling to be gone so I can get out of this girdle!

Hi everyone! Yesterday was 4 full weeks since my...

Hi everyone! Yesterday was 4 full weeks since my surgery. I completed my full work week with major swelling each evening I came home. Every morning I was flat and dreading the end of each work day due to the swelling. I wear my CG 24/7 except to shower and wash it of course and I can't wait to get back in it. I feel so unsecure and bloated without it. I am so over the swelling and I hear I will have many more weeks of it still ahead of me. I'm just trying to be patient and take it one day at a time. I am completely staying put this weekend to rest and help my swelling before starting a new work week. I have a date with my recliner, remote and TV :-). I see my PS next Thursday 4/18 to have remaining few stitches removed from my BB. Next Friday will be 5 weeks PO. I will post pictures then.

Today is 33 day PO and I am feeling so much...

Today is 33 day PO and I am feeling so much better! I can really see the beautiful bright light at the end of the tunnel :) I sleep so much better on my sides. I stand up straight now. I walk faster and better. I take showers easier. Get up and down easy. The swelling is still there every day in the evening and flat in the morning. I still wear my compression girdle 24/7. I see my PS this Thursday to have the last stitch removed from my BB and I will get 2nd stage girdle. I think the girdles are critical for my healing and will wear it for as long as it takes. My breast as still really firm and can tell it will take months before they settle in place and fall down a little more. I did notice today that they are red under neath. I am a little concerned and I am hoping they are not infected. We will see how they are come Thursday. This work week so far has been much better. Last week was pretty stressful and I rested in my recliner the whole past weekend. I look forward to resting again this weekend. So far so good :) pretty happy with my results so far. I can not wait to be able to get my butt back to the gym and start working out and firming up :) I had a good workout session with my hubby this evening ;-) and everything seemed to be OK so I think I can go to the gym, but I will see what Dr. says on Thursday.

4/19/13 was 5 weeks PO and I am feeling so much...

4/19/13 was 5 weeks PO and I am feeling so much better! I still get mid day/ evening swelling, but that is just to be expected since I am up and about now. Now gym for another 2-3 weeks Dr. said on Thursday 4/18/13. Said the stitches in my stomach muscle will be there for 5 more months! He said we need to take it easy because we could pull apart our muscles and no way in HECK do I want that to happen so I will take it easy.

Today is exactly 6 weeks ago I changed my life...

Today is exactly 6 weeks ago I changed my life forever in the best way possible! I feel so much better this past week and finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I still have swelling by mid day and major by the end of the evening. After sleeping all night, totally flat when I wake up. Dr. said It will be this way for the next month or 2. I am fine with it. How are you recovering??

Today is a good day. Really taking it easy and...

Today is a good day. Really taking it easy and resting with my feet up every chance I get. How are you spending your day off during your recovery?

Today is my 7 week PO and I am feeling the same as...

Today is my 7 week PO and I am feeling the same as @ 6 weeks. Nothing changed. I still have swelling by midday to evening. When I come home from work, I take my shower and put my compression garment on and sit back in my recliner with my feet up until it's time for bed. I wake up flat only to be swollen by midday :( Can't wait for the the swelling to be totally gone. How is everyone else healing??

15 weeks PO

15 weeks post OP. I still have swelling :-( some days better then others. I look exactly the same as my last pictures only my scars are a little lighter and my breasts have settled more in place and feel so much more natural. I will post pictures soon. I hope everyone is healing healthy and nicely.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Referred by girlfriend who used Dr. Hicks and she was very pleased with her results. Dr. Pearlman D. Hicks is absolutely one of the best plastic surgeons around and I could not be happier with him, his office and everyone of his staff members that made my before, during and after procedure worth while. I highly recommend Dr. Hicks! He has never had a death or malpractice. He's been doing this for over 30 years and is a member of the Better Business Bureau. He has done over 3,000 tummy tucks and I am proud to have been his patient. I can't wait for my after picture once I am all healed up. I wanna Thank Dr. Hicks and his staff Michelle, Norma, Denise and Diana who all had a hand in my wonderful and exciting journey. THANK YOU ALL!

Thank you for sharing your story. What a fabulous transformation! You look fantastic!!!! Dr. Hicks is doing an upper and lower bletharoplasty on me next week. I'm a little nervous but after seeing the magic he performed for you I feel much better. I hope today you are better than ever.
wow you look great congrats hope all is well gbu
I was waiting for you to post because our Post op days are a week apart. Glad to know your feeling well and btw I am experiencing some swell hell today so I can relate to still swelling
You look great!!
You look amazing!!!! I am so happy for you, and can only hope my results will be as fabulous as yours are!
Just caught up on your story, fabulous weight loss and such a transformation after your surgery, you look amazing, I bet you are so pleased with the results, how lovely to be able to wear that bikini after 7 weeks must feel like a dream come true. I am only POD 6 so very early stages here. Good luck with the swelling xx
Wow what a transformation! Thanks for sharing your journey. I'm in POD #10 today!! Yesterday We went to a family get together 1 hr drive from home. No one knew I had surgery and still doesn't. I did sleep all the way back home though I guess having to walk and sit straight wore me out. Thanks for sharing and this is an awesome site to get share info and I'm so glad I stumbled on it prior to my TT/MR/smart LIpo. I'm still confused about something's but hopefully things will clear up soon.
Seriously, is that even the same woman... what a fantastic transformation! You must be thrilled to bits! I too am 7 weeks (op date 14 March) and I am also in the throws of swell hell. It was better at week 6 and now it has gotten worse - I feel and look like I did at 3 weeks! Still this is part and parcel of it... do you do any form of self massage to help? Just think what you will look like in another 7 weeks... we are still in the beginning of this whole journey!
Besides showers have you taken a bath yet?....I'm dying to just take a nice bubble bath
You look great, I think you are a butterfly.
wow! i praying for beautiful results like yours... congrats again you look nothing short of amazing.
Hi Butterfly73, exactly when did you go back to work? I'm POD11, and feel like I've hit a plateau of just sleeping all day. And that is w/o pain meds! I'm scheduled to go back to work in a week and a half (3 week mark). Thanks.
Hi Suzie55, I staying home 3 weeks..my 4th week I started 4/8 and I have to say I really should have taken it off. I have an office job but I am in and out of my chair pulling files from cabinets and faxing and making copies 8 hours. I would be walking hunched forward by midday and very swollen. But by the next week (5) I felt sooo much better. Just wear your compression garment and as soon as you get home put your feet. What kind of work do you do?
Same, office work. Not on my feet much.I might get my disability extended to the following Monday. Thanks!
i feel fat still i have improved by my stomach is still swollen and fat looking just smaller. on tuesday i will take a 2 week update to see if anyone notices the difference
Hi So long flab, your going to have swelling for weeks to come my dear. Hang in there and try to keep your feet up and relax as much as possible. The more you do, the more swelling you will have. You will notice your.more flat.first thing in the am and start to.swell by midday and your worst by bedtime.
Are you still wearing your garment ?
Hi Duve428! I do still wear my garment. I don't wear it to work. ( office job) but when I come home I shower and put it on and put my feet up. I also sleep with it. I still swell and I feel with the firmness off the girdle it helps me with swelling. How about you? How are you.doing?
I'm doing ok my 6 week mark was Thursday so I decided to go without the girdle. I was fine for a while until I went out drinking (2 drinks max) last night with my family for my birthday and today I woke up really swollen and my back hurt so Ill be putting it back on. My back still bothers me sometimes but I do feel way better than before. I'm getting closer and closer to normal each day
You look beautiful!!! The Dr did a great job. You're healing very nicely. What is your scar therapy ?
Hi Anewmesoon! Thank you! I have not started yet and now that my incisions are all healed I am researching. My Dr. did prescribe me a cream to apply 3-4 times daily but I am only applying at night after my shower. I just spoke with Michelle from my Dr.'s office and she was telling me about a silicone tape that will last a month for about $97. She said the kind I need for under my breast ( anchor) are thick and I could cut them and that will give me an extra month. I am going to see what else is out there. How are you doing?
Hi I'm doing well. Every day is better. ( 15 days PO today. One more drain that will come out either Monday or Thursday. So hoping for Monday! Unfortunately I have to fly 6 hours to a wedding 5 weeks post op. So 6 hr flight 4 night stay, fly back ugh I get stressed just thinking about it. Could you have last week done that?
You will totally be fine at 5 weeks. Yes I could have done it. It would be great if you could put your feet up during your flight :-)
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I got over my fears of anesthesia guess its time to get over my fear of flying ( but then that plays into the blood clot phobia being on a plane so long) I sound nuts lol
Rock that body girl!! What a wonderful transformation!! Glad you are doing so well! Keep up the good work and happy, healthy healing!!