Mole Removal Prevented Skin Cancer - Long Beach, CA

I watched my grandparents' generation, as they...

I watched my grandparents' generation, as they struggled with "the gifts of the sun." They didn't have sunblock. I know that all skin cancer starts with a mole, and it ends with radiation, or even death, as has occurred in my family.

Because of this, I've been super diligent in having my moles checked, and sometimes, removed, and my husband picked up the practice, which it turns out, was fortunate.

Dr. Heller has been my dermatologist for about 6 years now. He's removed a skin tag, and a pesky underarm cyst for me.

He recently removed some moles and surrounding tissue from my husband's forearm and back, which, it turned out, would've become malignant melanoma within 4 months. After 2 months there is only hairline scarring where he removed about an inch square of derma on his back.

Heller has discernment. He won't remove moles unless they are "suspicious." I definitely recommend him.

In the past, his office staff was not very good, but he seems to have changed the staff up a bit. I like his current staff. They are friendly and efficient. Wait times could be a bit better, about 15-30 minutes.
Long Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

He's knowledgeable and friendly.

Thanks for sharing yours and your husband's experience, Aria. I'm glad everything has turned out well for you. I'd love to see pics of the final scar line, if you don't mind sharing.
Hi Sharon, I would love to share, but, unfortunately, it's not my scar to share a photo of. The main thing was to give positive feedback about Dr. Heller. Kind regards, Aria