Needed an Overfill of Juvederm by Other Injectionist Fixed. - Lone Tree, CO

I had an overfill of Voluma injected and my cheeks...

I had an overfill of Voluma injected and my cheeks looked like clown cheeks. I hated them, but I was terrified to try Hyaluronidase. I read terrible things about it on the internet. I made an appointment with Dr Weber. He was very knowledgeable and put my fears at ease. His assistant Camille was just as helpful. I really like her as well. I was extremely pleased with the results.
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your review. Do you know the brand, amount and dilution of the hyaluronidase he used?
No, But I can ask him and then let you know.
I would be very grateful if it's no trouble to you. Thank you.
I should add that I had two syringes of voluma and did not get half of the volume in my cheeks as you received. I also paid $2,000 for the voluma and this was back in January of "2014". It's supposed to last close to two years, it's been 6 months and it's completely dissolved. It makes me wonder how and why it's so successful in some and not so much in others. Thanks for sharing your experience!!
Wow! That is expensive. Maybe your Doctor can redo it for free since it did not last. Or maybe you can try contacting the manufacturers of Juvederm to see if they can reimburse you or give you a future discount. I have had Juvederm XC before and it lasted over a year. Best Wishes
I heard that its supposed to be injected all the way to the bone, maybe he didnt inject it deep enough
That could be. This woman supposedly had a lot of experience so I don't know what to think about that. It was really expensive because it had only been FDA approved in December of 2013 and I had it in February of 2014, so they took full advantage of the price gouging. I thought if it lasted close to two years that would be fine, but it didn't last even one.
Hi, I was wondering how many syringes of voluma the initial injector did in order to get so much volume. Normally they do a syringe then wait a week or two then add more if needed at your follow up appointment. Do you still have any voluma in your cheeks or did they dissolve most of it. I'm not sure how your cheeks were prior to any treatments but they do look good now. Glad to hear it worked out and they did such a great job at dissolving the filler.
I only had one syringe. I don't know why it made my cheeks so huge. Maybe it was the placement. The 2nd doctor only dissolved the "shelves"underneath my eyes, but left the filler on my cheekbones.