Trying to Remove PIP Implants - London, United Kingdom

Hi guys, I had implants at 18, in 2004, with Dr...

Hi guys, I had implants at 18, in 2004, with Dr Malik at Harley Street. Even though I told him my mum had breast cancer he put them over the muscle. (stops mamagram being effective) I breast feed both my two children for 6months each.

I have stayed the same weight throughout but had children. I went from an 34a to a 34c. Last year after breast feeding my second child I had severe rippling, I also started reading negative press about PIP implants and found out I had them! So I went back to my surgeon who blamed breast feeding but didn't warn me about it in consultation when I was having them, I did ask! (annoying).

So now I want them out! I went doctors few days ago, and was referred to breast clinic for scan, I am hoping they will remove for free. I will update pictures before and after and will let you know how I get on. Xx

Booked my consultation at Westbourne Centre for...

Booked my consultation at Westbourne Centre for the 25th Jan. Nhs have 3month wait just for consultation. So going to pay £950 and have it done under local. Can't wait to get these PIPs out but really nervous about what my boobs will look like without them!! Hopefully the surgeon can give me some advice. Been doing some research (9 yrs later) and seen how women with implants are more likely to get respiratory and brain cancers, scary!! Also they can cause fatigue and concentration loss.
I will let you know if I feel a difference after explantation!! Xx

Hiya I have now explanted, I went to the...

Hiya I have now explanted, I went to the westbourne clinic in Birmingham who were amazing!! I paid £950 and had it done under local, I am 5 days post op now!

I love my new little boobies, they look great.

I love my new little boobies, they look great.
Dr Malik,

Dr Fatah at the Westbourne clinic was amazing, all the staff are. He is affordable and lovely!!

well done jada0 for your decision, How r u feeling? i bet better and better as days go by.

Everyone here are so happy with their decisions and outcome.

Keep updating n healing.
Hi Not sure I am PIP victim too and have made the desicion to get them out ASAP unfortunately it is taking a while but I am lucky that my clinic have agreed to remove (and replace) at no extra cost I have like u done late research and don't want any of the so called safe implants .... These were safe at the time! Hope you are fighting for compensation Harley have behaved in a terrible way and have abandoned the vulnerable women who thought they were not perfect! oh and all the PS are so perfect and mostly men! I think we should be writing a list of what our PS need .... Hair transplant nose job moob removal tummy tuck, see what they would say I wonder if they would listen and rush to get under the knife to become what we think they should look like! Society is much the same advertising campaigns telling us ladies what perfect is! We were born perfect I am desperate to get these out but have to wait till end of feb for scan! Hope you get on ok and sorry for the long post I woke up angry today I am exhausted thinking worrying panicking uh sorry E
Crucified I love this post, made me laugh- especially about the moobs! :) how did your surgery go?
Amazing I look and feel great I'm perfect I can't believe people myself included r crazy enough to have them in .. I'm so happy and I made the best desicion ever E

Ugh, I recently read that about Harley in the news also. I hope you can find a way to get help financing this. PIP implants NEVER should've been on the market and a lot of people (doctors included) were duped.

Will you be replacing them with a different sort of implant, or going au naturel instead?

I'll be rooting for you! Please do keep us posted.