Lump on One Side of my Tummy - London, UK

I am 6 weeks post tummy tuck and liposuction...

I am 6 weeks post tummy tuck and liposuction operation. My experience was pleasant and my surgeon was brilliant. I had to have fluid drained about 4wks post op and I notice the nurse drained from my left side only. Within a few days I noticed a small lump (size of a lemon) appear on the right side of my tummy. It appears quite hard and I am becoming a little concerned.

Whilst I know that I need to speak to my surgeon I just wondered if I have anything to worry about, would I need another drainage and would the lump go away on its own. Thank you.

Dr Van Look

Very warm and approachable. Explains the entire process and allows you to ask as many questions as you like. Hospital and Clinic facilities excellent. Everyone warm and friendly and keen to make you feel very comfortable.

I would not panic if I were you but do get into the doctor and have this checked.  The sooner the better is best.

Could be minor and something they can treat right in the office but only the doctor can make that decision.

I have attached a link which may be helpful to you.

It could be several different things from what I read . . . hematoma or seroma (fluid collections below the skin) or fat necrosis (small hard lumps of fat that hasn't survived) or sutures or part of the muscle plication. It could even be a hernia. Speak to your PS as soon as you could. All the best :-) I am 8 weeks postop ! Time flies when ur healing from a TT !