Fresher Me - London, UK

I first heard about Dr Papageorgiou from a friend...

I first heard about Dr Papageorgiou from a friend of mine who’d been going to him for about a year.

I made an appointment to have a consultation with him and the first thing I noticed when I stepped into his consulting room was that it looked like a professional photographic studio. He is incredibly thorough and his camera captures every single detail and angle of your face. From the start it was clear he had an eye for the detail. He pointed out my face asymmetry and a slightly droopier eyelid on the left side of my face which is something I had always been conscious of. According toDr Papageorgiou I needed an upper eyelid surgery to lift the eyelid and bring symmetry to my eyes and upper face. He also suggested a filler blepharoplasty in the lower eyelids to boost the volume I had lost and to refresh my looks. He told me that all the celebrities in LA are having these mini-procedures to maintain their youthful looks. He called it “hyalu-blepharoplasty”.

He advised me to do some research about the treatments he recommended and suggested I visit patient forums which seemed like a very honest and professional approach. After a second consultation I agreed to proceed with the treatments he’d recommended as I was confident I would get the results I wanted.

I had an upper eyelid lift with a technique that doesn't involve any skin incisions. The eyelid was lifted from the undersurface without any scarring, a procedure which is apparently more common in the US. The procedure was very straightforward and he was so reassuring that I felt totally confident in his hands. He used twilight anesthesia and although I was totally awake during the procedure I felt sleepy and relaxed but was still able to follow his instructions. He also used filler across my lower eyelid to smooth my contours. Six weeks after the procedure none of my family or friends could tell I’d had surgery around my eyes but almost all of them asked me if I’d been away on vacation as I looked so well and rested.

I would definitely recommend Dr Papageorgiou to anyone who wants to look refreshed without the '’something has been done" look. I believe the key point is to age gracefully with small retouches that are undetectable and he has a real talent for it!
London Oculoplastic Surgeon

Congrats on your excellent outcome. What type of filler did he use in your lower lids, and how long does the filler last?
He uses Belotero. He feels Belotero is more suitable for this area. If I remember well he mentioned studies he did at UCLA that showed a smoother distribution within the lower eyelid. His technique I believe is different from the classic "tear through" treatment I had read and expected, as he injects the filler deep within the fat pockets and over the bone..much more natural outcome..