I Looked Like the Human Pinnocchio! Much Needed Nose Job, I Hope It Was Worth It - London, UK

My main reasons for wanting rhinoplasty are pretty...

My main reasons for wanting rhinoplasty are pretty obvious, It's crooked, big, hooked at the tip, bulbous, long and generally doesn't suit my face in any way, shape or form, So far i'm in day 3 of my recovery, the splint is still on and i'm still fairly bruised and swollen so the review is yet to be confirmed :)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Bad hair day to the extreme

Day 4 and it's feeling much better, I haven't taken any painkillers throughout just because i don't feel it hurts enough for them infact it doesn't hurt at all, just a little uncomfortable, On the second day I did have a little bump on the bridge when I was bending down to pick something up then hitting my nose quite hard on the table in front of me, no pain was caused but being the hypochondriac I am, I over worried, all is fine though it appears :)

The worst part throughout the recovery period i have to admit is not being able to wash my hair, I wear a wig (pictured on the 3rd day) in the mean time if I am going out to the shops or meeting friends but it just feels dirty, so if the worst part for me is the hair situation the recovery from rhinoplasty really isn't as bad as you think it will be haha :)

I haven't yet had a call from Harley medical regarding the splint removal which is something i am starting to worry about, especially as it's said to be the worst part but I will keep you updated :) Ciao for now

Great !! You did it . Now like everyone said take some time for the swelling to go away . Drink or eat pineapple I hear it's good . Plz keep us updating with pictures . Take care !!
Take care!
You are very pretty. You are going to look beautiful once the swelling and healing is over with. Take care:)

The splints coming off!

So tomorrows the day the stitches and the splint comes off, I was just getting used to the little buddy as well, to be honest I am scared but it's going to be so worth it in the long time, wish me luck! I will keep updates and pictures coming, thanks you for the comments guys :)

So looking forward to your big reveal!!! Thank you for sharing on RealSelf.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Yet again, a troll.

Todays the day of the splint removal!

Over the night the swelling of my nose had actually reduced a hell of a lot and the cast felt really lose so I think i'm glad it's going now haha, I've managed to smile and laugh without any strange feeling in my nose, so that's always good, I'm so excited to see the results

Me too! haha this site is a life saver, it's refreshing to know you're not the only one going through all the other bits and bobs that comes with these procedures!

My nose is free!

So the splint and stitches were taken out yesterday, which to be honest was not half as bad as I thought it would be, it didn't hurt one bit, it just felt a wee bit uncomfortable. Emma, my consultant (who is such a lovely lady btw, she's so helpful and I highly recommend her if you go to Northampton clinic) then shown me to the mirror, omg I am so happy with the results, I know the nose is still extremely swollen, especially the tip but the shape of the nose is looking amazing so far! I almost cried I was that happy, I could not stop smiling all day, I still haven't stopped :D finally I looks that little bit less like an ugly monster! haha so happy!

The swollen results

Results are already very flattering and cant wait to see the swelling subside even more :) pretty!!
Thank you I'm so so happy with the results, Mr solomos has done an amazing job

Before and after so far!

I'm a little hesitant to post up the before side profile of my nose but it won't be a good review if i don't put up the reason as to why I went for the procedure in the first place. The before side profile was the reason that i didn't go out anymore, I was so down about how awful and prominent the crooked-ness of the nose had had appeared and I thought that the nose refined me (for example, if someone was to refer to me to someone who didn't know my name I would be described as 'the ugly girl with the messed up huge, witch-looking nose') and it looks like this after an event that happened to me when i was 15 and got attacked on the way home on my own from a house party oh and also the large-ness of the nose is from my genes haha... so now you know

P.s

it's still really swollen, especially the tip but i wanted to give the surgeon who did such an amazing job some justice haha

You are so beautiful! I think the rhinoplasty helps bring our your gorgeous features even more :) I also used to get called down by my nose and it makes me afraid in public. I'm so sorry to hear that you got attacked that is terrifying and so annoying that people referred to you by your nose. I hope this surgery will be the first step to bringing you peace. People can be so cruel! I'm also hoping that I'll get a boost of self-esteem now that I'm healing from my surgery!
Such a great result :) Also love your hair in the beanie + cast pic!
Wonderful results :)

First day at work blues

So, yesterday was my first day back at work (I work in a busy coffee shop in a big furnishing franchise store where we're really low staffed!) and gosh, I know i've only been off for 9 days but i think the operation took the energy out of me! haha, I know that you're not supposed to be bending over and laughing/smiling big but when you work in a retail environment there's no choice, besides i'm a big smiley person anyways but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! My nose is still really sore to the touch and very swollen but it's a working progress :)
I hadn't told anyone outside the coffee shop that I was going for the procedure but somehow they all seemed to find out, though I think they're too scared to mention it so I haven't had many comments on the nose so far haha but the girls in the coffee shop mention how much of a big improvement it was :D yay! I will post more pictures once the swelling had diminished by the way

P.s I don't know whether it's just sleep deprivation because i'm trying to sleep in a position i'm not used to or worrying too much about what i'm doing that might affect my nose but I seem a bit 'out of it' it's like i'm trying so hard to listen but the words are going in one ear and out the other and i'm becoming really forgetful, hmm..

Show us your progress!:)
Hiiii !! How are you doing ??? I hope everything is going well at work and other things , enjoying everything . Plz post some pics to see all the progress . Take care !! Keep smiling :D
Awh thank you so much, the surgery honestly was the best decision of my life! I used to get casually shouted at walking down my own street like 'ew look at the size of that nose!' and 'witch' so yeah I understand what you must have gone through, I just looked at your results and wow! the result is amazing, you're gorgeous, I bet you're so glad you went for the op! :)

Sorry :(

Sorry i haven't been updating much since the operation, i have been working my socks off almost everyday, my nose still has some slight swelling and for the past week i can smell a strange smell in my nose, m guess would just be mucous but i'll find out at Northampton later this month, i too a quick photo of the results so far on webcam so i apologise for the bad angle, bad picture quality and all round rubbish picture to show the results, but when i've finished work tonight i'll take some on my real camera and do profile shots of each side including under and top shots :) so sorry guys, however i am absolutely amazed and pleased with the results i couldn't be happier, it's still the best choice i have ever made! haha

Looking great!! Side note- You hair!!! Wow!!
Ahh I just read it was a wig in those hat pics. Excellent wig!
You have a really interesting and unique face - I actually think you look quite beautiful in both the before and after, although I can certainly see why you prefer the after. :) Congrats and enjoy it!!

It's healed!!!!! :O

I am so so so so happy about the rhinolasty and how it turned out, I've become a lot more confident with the way i look, even my friends have noticed how much happier i am since th op, I've actually become confident enough to start dating again as well haha, here's some pics, they're not the best of quality but I have a poorly camera at the moment so webcam it is! :)

Very nice! Congrats to you
Could you please confirm if the price you posted is in use or was it actually 6 G BP? you look fabulous by the way!!
Haha it certainly wasn't 6 pounds otherwise i would have done it years ago :'). in GBP it was £4300 more or less, i haven't kept the receipts but it was definitely around that region :)

6 month update

What a beautiful result. I'm so happy for you : ) I had my cast off yesterday. It's it a great feeling being free.

Still gobsmacked at the results!

Looking at the pre-op and post-op photos together amaze me, only 6 months in and my surgeon said the full results on't come through til around about 12 months, gobsmacked!

I've got my consultation with him this Saturday, and have the surgery booked for January. Is he a good surgeon? I've read mixed reviews so would be nice to see what you think! Your results look great by the way x
He is a fantastic surgeon, I know the feeling, he doesn't seem to have the best of reviews but honestly he is brilliant, you have nothing to worry about with him :) x
Dr. Mark Solomos

Mr solomos was a lovely surgeon he was very thorough on what was needed to improve the look of my nose, he even pointed out something of which I hadn't noticed in it's appearance before, he was very vigilant after the operation, he came to check up on me and how I was feeling twice in the hospital and i'm so far very confident with his work