Astonishingly Gifted - London, Ontario

Upper and lower eye lift surgery done under local...

Upper and lower eye lift surgery done under local to correct bags and sagging eyelids. The procedure took about 2 hours and was unremarkable. Minimal pain, minimal complications despite my very complicated medical history. The dreadful bruising the day after abated quickly and I was off all pain meds within 2 days. No regrets.

Upper and lower eye lift - eleven days after surgery

Apart from some residual swelling and redness, this has largely resolved. I am **SO** delighted with this work!! The precision of the incisions is unbelievable -- the lower lid incision is literally undetectable and I've been looking for it with a powerful magnifying mirror. The upper lid incisions are still raised and reddish, but I am massaging them as directed and am seeing a vast improvement in the "topography" of the scars. Given the fact that it's only been 11 days since the surgery, I'm amazed how quickly this is healing. The upper eyelid scars are settling nicely into the natural crease of the eyelid. The result so far is natural and refreshed looking. Absolutely superb work from this extremely talented surgeon. I can't recommend him highly enough.
London Plastic Surgeon

I wouldn't let anyone else touch me: I wouldn't even consider it.

My doctor also have me these mini gel ice packs that Juvaderm makes. They're kidney sized/shaped, filled with purple gel and malleable so they fit comfortably over the entire eye area and can be reused/washed multiple times. I wouldn't go to anybody but Dr. Matic -- how many surgeons do you know who would refuse to operate on someone (not me) because he felt that they didn't need the work and/or the work would be deleterious to their appearance? This guy does. If you're in the London, Ontario area, he's the guy to go to. His practice is actually in craniofacial reconstruction, so he understands the architecture of the face and the underlying structure of the muscle underneath. As I said (I believe) in my review, I don't hear "great work" or "great surgeon" -- I hear "great genetics". My mom and my best friend are going to be going to him now. This is an old article that I pulled off the net, but it'll give you an idea of his practice:http://chealth.canoe.ca/channel_health_news_details.asp?news_id=21597&channel_id=131
Thank you for sharing with us! I am having an upper Blepharoplasty next Wednesday went to pre op and didn't even see the Doctor, no directions for post-op (icing, pain meds, eye drops etc..) nurse said they would call in ointment for wounds and to pick that up.... Wow am I stressing, I did my homework on the doctor been in area 25 years practicing, won awards past 5 years, but this was not very assuring, don't even know when I am seeing him after the surgery..Thanks to Lindsay I have my arnica ,frozen peas eye drops, Tylenol, but not to have any one in the professional arena give u information was wrong..$4000
Sorry, I should have replied to you directly. See my reply to you above. Good luck with your surgery. I couldn't be happier with mine or with my surgeon.
Dr. M. also did my face lift a few years ago and did a superb job. Beside me in the recovery room was a woman who had travelled from South Africa specifically to have him to do her cosmetic work, which I think speaks for itself. I was in contact with her for months after by email and she was delighted with her results -- as I am with mine. The work was lovely. I didn't look like I'd been overly stretched or pulled or spent my off hours testing wind tunnels. Just a lovely, refreshed, natural look. Case in point: I was brought into the ER on an unrelated matter and while the crisis nurse was admitting me, she asked my age. I told her and she said "NO WAY. And you haven't had any surgery either! I've been a nurse for years and I can always tell. You're a lucky woman." Ha. I'm a smart woman - with an extraordinarily talented surgeon.