Feeling Guilty - London, ON

I am a 33 year old mom of 3 kids. I have wonderful...

I am a 33 year old mom of 3 kids. I have wonderful kids and a loving husband that I have been with since highschool. I have been wanting to get breast implants since I was a teenager and feel like I am finally at a place in my life where I should go for it. I had a consultation last month and decided on 445 cc saline round implants. My only hesitation is my oldest daughter does not support me in my decision to have the surgery. She is 17 and has DD bra size. She has no idea what it is like to have small breast. Currently I wear a 34 B bra size. I want this more then anything but not sure how to help her understand my motive behind this. My husband has no issues with me getting implants. I am feeling stuck.

Your daughter doesn't understand what it's like to be you. Having large breasts is kind of like breathing oxygen: It's no big deal unless you don't have them. I waited until I was 50, after wanting them for at least 10 years. I say go for it, as long as you're healthy. Life is too short not to enjoy what you look like.

Oh, that's a hard situation...it's too bad your daughter can't give you a little of what she has and you could both be C cups. ;)

Have you had a heart to heart with her to get to the root of her disapproval? Does she dislike her DDs or is she just worried about you going into surgery?