Microdermabrasion - Doesn't Do Much for Acne Scars/hyperpigmentation/results Not Permanent at All - London, England

Hi guys, just wanted to share my microdermabrasion...

Hi guys, just wanted to share my microdermabrasion story! I had 4 treatments a few months ago and thought I could share my experience with you. Firstly let me say results vary from person to person, and i've heard some people yield fantastic results from them. As for me...well i thought the whole thing was a waste of money!

So I'm 18 years old, and suffer from really bad acne and blemishes on my skin and a beauty therapist suggested I undergo a few sessions of microdermabrasion treatments.

The procedure in itself wasn't painful, and after my first treamtent it certainly looked as if my skin was a lot fresher and healthier looking. Scar looked faded, and my hyperpigmentation looked lighter too! I saw very small improvements over the course of four treatments and was pleased. I got them done every two weeks. After my fourth treatment, I got quite busy and for a month I didn't have a follow up treatment and to my dissappointment, a lot of my hyperpigmentation started to reappear and my skin began to look dull and lifeless again.

I went to a dermatologist who told me that microdermabrasion results aren't permanent as they only tackle the eperdimis (top layer) of your skin and most scars are a lot deeper. Also i don't think microdermabrasion stimulate collagen or anything. After two months or so my skin looked as bad as it did before (with the exception of a few acne scars looking substantially lighter). I was so disappointed about the hyperpigmentation reappearing too! I don't think i'd ever recommend this to anyone, i was just really unhappy overall.

I went for a chemical peel afterwards and a month later I'm still overjoyed with the results. If you have really bad problem skin like mine don't go for a microdermabrasion stick to dermaroller/laser/chemical peels as it'll have a much better effect. For a more drastic change i'd really recommend a chemical peel (my own experience with them has been fab). Everyone's skin is different, people might have more luck with microderambrasion than me and there are benefits to the procedure- painless and the fact that there is v.little down time. However, my own experience wasn't that great :( !

private clinc