Facelift, Endoscopic Brow Lift, Fat Transfer to Chin - London, GB

At 46 my face was looking decidedly tired...

at 46 my face was looking decidedly tired ,everything was starting to sag. I had lower blepharospasm on the mail bags under my eyes but it wasn't very successful. These bothered me the most so I decided to look at a facelift. I consulted two surgeons one who didn't want to attempt it so he referred me on to a London based surgeon in Harley street who was a specialist in this field .
My surgeon wanted to address the whole face and suggested a facelift (midline) Brow-lift and fat transfer to the chin to balance my jaw line, all this came with a hefty price tag but I had saved for this and had the funds so I went away for a couple of months to decide if I wanted a new kitchen or a new face!,,, yep new face please :-)
The day of surgery came around quickly and off I went to theatre , the operation lasted about 3 hours but I didn't come back from recovery until 5 hours according to my husband who patiently waited for me.
The first thing I noticed was my lip on the right side was numb and had to sip water through a straw or it all ran down my chin. The next day my surgeon didn't visit which I was a little surprised about a but his nurse did, she took off the dressings and asked me to smile and try and raise my eyebrows, at this time neither eyebrow moved and only one side of the lip raised leaving me a rather odd stroke victim look !
I was due to stay another night in London in my hotel before travelling home and we organised for me to go to my surgeons consulting rooms before I travelled home.
On inspection hoe seemed very happy with the result and expected me to be more swollen and bruised, one eyebrow was now moving but the other and the lip remained weak and frozen. We arranged for me to return in 10 days time to see how I was progressing.
Don't let anyone tell you this type of surgery doesn't hurt , I am not a surgery virgin I have had other cosmetic surgery and non cosmetic and this has been the longest recovery and the most painful. I had flesh glue around the ears and as picker this was probably a mistake as i tugged at some glue in my hair and opened an incision slightly panic alarms !,, I rang my nurse and she advised stri strips to hold and support it until I returned in two days time.
The scars behind the ears look lumpy and ugly but I guess these will soften in time, my neck feels like I am wearing a chin strap and there are areas around my ears and under my eyes which are numb but no longer painfull.
My surgeon at 10 days inspected the eyebrow and lip and offered Botox to weaken the
Other side of the lip, but I had seen a slight improvement so at this point declined even though it was quite noticeable when I talked or smiled.
I am now at 3 and half weeks and go back to see my surgeon again on Monday the lip continues to strengthen but the eyebrow hasn't budged, I will probably not have the Botox yet if offered and see how it progresses as it's still very early days to worry too much. Overall the look is fantastic I look younger, fresher and not like I have had "work" done, the nerve damage I am confident will correct itself in time. Watch this space x

Before & after

After taken at 4 weeks post op

7 weeks post surgery

Hi there I continue to see improvements in the lip but still the eyebrow is frozen. I still have some numb areas and puffiness under the eyes, saying this I look ten years younger and I have noticed heads turning from men where before I was ignored :-) I expect to see continued improvement and am aware best results will be in a few months time not weeks x

Photos

Before & after

Eyebrow

Left eyebrow is starting to move , it's 8 weeks since surgery and although the movement is slight it's definitely there . Lip only looks weak in a turned in on its self top to bottom it pulls to one side. I have got a crease behind one ear which I am massaging to try and flatten , otherwise it's healing nicely x

Malar bags returned

Well less than 12 months on my malar bags have returned , disappointed to say the least
Harley street London Uk

Top of his game cost is in £ not $

Congratulations on a great result! How is your recovery going? Ruz
Very well thank you the lip continues to improve and is hardly noticeable the eyebrow has started moving not quite right but getting stronger and some puffiness around the eyes and numbness around jaw, scars still red so using some Healgel x
Yesterday I returned to see my surgeon and he seemed very happy with my progress. The lip continues to strengthen a little each day but the left eyebrow remains frozen so I opted for botox in the right eyebrow to even me up a little. I will return again in 6 weeks time and probably post some picture of before and after at this time.
You Look Fantastic!! My Surgery is tomorrow and of course i m nervous and scare but i m sure all will be fine!!! First operation , i only had a c section for my son 15 years ago so i do not have any experience , and my imagination and all the possible scenarios are playing strong today...lol Thank you for your review

I will most definitely be watching this space! Thank you for sharing your experience with us so far. I'd love to see a photo of you since your dressings and bandages have come off.

Hi there, hope you are progressing well....do you mind sharing who your surgeon was in the UK? Hope everything is settling well for you. Are you happy with your incisions?