Ultherapy and Botox - London, GB

I am a 56 year old female and have just had...

I am a 56 year old female and have just had Ultherapy (lower face and neck) and Botox (3 areas). The procedure was at a London clinc which had been recommended to me. I was very apprehensive as had been told the treatment was very painful, and yes it was, but not unbearable. I was given painkillers 40 mins before treatment and gas and air during treatment. I have a thin face, high cheekbones, and felt that i was not yet a ready for surgery, but wanted a treatment that would give tightening to the jaw and cheek area which were becoming 'slack'.. 4 days on and i have bruising to the jaw line and the treated area is quite tender to the touch and slightly swollen. I had Botox to the eye and forehead (I have been having Botox for 10 Years with great results) Mr Karidis did not think I had I enough loose skin around the eye area to warrant Ultherapy. I am not going to sit back and wait for the 3 months the treatment supposedly takes to work. I have had reports that you may see improvement from about 6 weeks. So fingers crossed. ps I started taking a collagen supplement 2 weeks ago which i am hoping will help?

Day 6

Swelling has gone down but still have a lot of bruising to cheeks (now yellow) and under jaw line. I have 2 very black/blue bruises on my jaw line at either side of my chin (photos to follow). Was not expecting this amount of bruising although i do bruise quite easily! Very tender to touch. Luckily I am able to work from home as make-up would not cover these marks. I am going to a 50th birthday party at my partners golf club in 4 days time so am keeping my fingers crossed there will be a big improvement by then. My advise to any of you ladies having this treatment is to expect the worst and not make plans to go anywhere for 2 weeks after the treatment.
London Plastic Surgeon

Welcome to the community.  Definitely keep us up to date on how everything goes .  Would love to see your before and after pictures.