5mm Permalip Implant - London, England

I decided to get a permalip implant after trying...

I decided to get a permalip implant after trying Restylane and feeling it did not give me the desired look. The procedure was very straight forward and my Doctor (Dr. Roy Ng) was extremely helpful and clear explaining everything he was doing as he did it.
During the consultation he explained the procedure to me and let me look and feel the implants. After this I was shown pictures and told about how exactly the implant makes the lip bigger (it does to by pushing the lip out and up slightly). He suggested that given the dimensions of my bottom lip I would be best suited for a 5mm size which is the largest. Then he measure my lips and explained to me that I had some asymmetry and that the implant would not change this (something I wished to know). The consultation was very thorough and I was given the opportunity to ask any questions I had.

For the procedure I was numbed initially on the lip with a gel to take the edge off the ensuing injections. lidocaine was then injected into the lip directly rather than the method of using a 'dental block'. (I wish I could remember why he used this method as he did explain) So far, one day after the procedure I am swollen as the picture shows but not in any pain. The most inconvenient thing is eating. I will add more photos as the days pass.

Progress

upper lip before implant

Day 5 update

Just updating to say since the procedure I havent experienced any problems with mobility in my jaw, no numbness or soreness or tingling. I truly believe this is a testament to Dr. Ng's method and gentleness. The swelling in my lip is continuing to be an annoyance when eating in that it gets in the way when I open my mouth. I try not to open my mouth too widely so as not to reopen the incisions in the corners. Its only annoying in the sense that i am normally a fast eater and it takes ages to eat a meal!
London Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Roy Ng, his nurse Belinda and his secretary Caroline were all extremely professional and helpful. Mr. Ng was exceptionally friendly and clear which really helped to put me at ease. As the cliche goes, he had a great bedside manner. You could tell he was one of the first surgeons in the UK to use the implant. My friend who accompanied me and could see what he was doing said that he was very gentle when performing the procedure. All in all I would give Dr. Roy Ng a 10/10. It is always nice to pay for a service and feel that every penny has been worth while through his skill, competence and manners. I would recommend him highly, especially for those who can make the journey

my cheeks are going south along with other body parts. Would like to have some fat injected.
I never liked julia roberts lips. they were too long. I prefer the shorter sexy, pouty look. I'm 66 years old.
Looks great!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf. Please keep us posted as you continue to heal!

They look great!!
Thank you PittsburghWife! :)) just looking forward for the swelling to go down, right now I still look a bit like a duck....sexy haha
I had it done in May, love my results!! I went with the mediums and love that they look so natural!! I am now getting tummy tuck and breast lift!! What am I thinking?? LOL...the swelling goes down day 7 you will look better, I was bruised for 10 days...
So were you able to choose your size? My surgeon basically said to me neither small or medium would work for me (i think he meant in proportion to the size of my bottom lip as I only had 1 implant put on top). It sounds from many posts that people were able to choose their size? I was so lucky not to have any bruising! but i think its because for 7 days before I slathered my lips in arnica. Even if it was a placebo effect thats fine with me! I must admit, this has given me the cosmetic surgery bug, its a shame I am a graduate unable to find a job...or maybe thats a good thing considering haha!
Ps. best of luck with your surgery! hope all goes well and well done with the weight loss (checked out your profile) :))
Yes, I got both upper and lower lip implants so I chose medium but now kinda wish I would have went with the large...oh well, I am happy!! I guess we all heal differently and I was so bruised and swollen for 7 days, had to wear make up (got a tip from a friend of mine to buy Laura Mercier camo make up, it really works!)! I think your lips look great...and look out the bug will surprise you! I now want other stuff done, but will stop at MM for a while!! :)