Chemical Peels Really Help! - London, GB

I have had acne since I was 10 years old. I am now...

I have had acne since I was 10 years old. I am now 20 so its been a decade long battle! My acne was your typical teenage acne that got better and worse at different times so it really was a roller coaster.

I decided to go to a dermatologist because I realised I was getting older and it wasn't getting any better. Although I did have acne, it was the hyperpigmentation it left that really bothered me. I spend an hour or so every morning putting make up on and conceal everything.

I was first advised to tackle my active acne before pursuing any treatment so I was put on antibiotics and the Jan Marini Skin Managment range. This worked a treat! Most, if not all of my active acne went in a couple or months or so. BUT I was still left with the hideous hyperpigmentation marks on my face.

The dermatologist then allowed me to go on and pursue a 30% salycilic acid peel. It has now been a week since I got it done and I could already see a difference. I do not have a single spot on my face and the hyperpigmentation marks have relatively lightened. My skin also feels smoother and pores have reduced in size.

I still have to pursue 3 or more peels before I can see a major difference. My target is to have good enough skin for the summer so I dont have to wear very heavy coverage foundation that I currently wear now.

To anyone considering a chemical peel, I strongly suggest it. However, pleaseeeeee see a professional and never try it at home as things can go horribly wrong. Also bear in mind that results will not happen overnight.
Good luck! Hope all goes well!