What is a Zinger? -London

Being from the UK I am not familiar with a...

Being from the UK I am not familiar with a 'Zinger' and wonder if I have them too? This is an excellent Website. Had my reduction 30th November. I did not have the tubes, the outter scares have healed nicely within 3 weeks, have been discharged as Out-Patient. Still have stinging pain around nipple area from time to time. Feeling the mood swings, is this the result of meds? Still feel tired and need to rest often. Been told it can take up to 6 months for everything to settle into place, I am happy to be patient, as I waited 18 months for this prodecure, and am so very happy. My only observation is that millions of women obviously suffer from this awful condition, why should we in the UK suffer, when we seek help from our GP (our GP maybe very helpful), but having to jump through so many hoops, the humiliation of having to explain to employers or other institutes such as Creditors etc of our situation. 'I am having a bust reduction' even when I gave them the medical term, I had to explain, it always resulted in sniggering at the other end of the telephone or 'what is your problem, most women would want what you have'
London UK

Hmmm...what's a zinger? Imagine someone jabbing about 20 long needles into a certain part of your breast for a few seconds and you've got the idea. You'll definitely know it when you feel it. My doctor says it's the nerve endings firing off and coming back to life. Wherever it happens, the numbness in that area soon goes away. I don't know if everyone has them, but I sure did. I'm nine months post-op and I still get them from time to time.
Ah had one today, now I know what they are I am not worrying. Thank you very much!
Welcome to the community.  I am sorry you had to go through all of the hassle before surgery.  Geez, not so much fun.  Glad to hear you love the results though.

Keep us up to date on your full recovery.
Thank you so much for your warm welcome! x
Absolutely:)