African American Female 34 Yrs Old. 16 More Days and Counting - Livonia, MI

I'm having upper & lower blepharoplasty in 16...

I'm having upper & lower blepharoplasty in 16 days. Some tips so far: Make sure the dr is Board Certified. Your odds of being unsatisfied are higher when they are not Board Certified. Make sure they specialize in the particular surgery you're getting done. Again, you're more likely to be satisfied with the results. I previously was scheduled with another doctor. He was board certified and had rave reviews, however, I felt uncomfortable because he did it all (tummy tucks, breast lifts, hands, buttocks, everything). It's only common sense to go to an expert when you want a job done right the first time. Also, Order a background report for disciplinary actions and complaints. In Michigan, I faxed over a request and received it in less than a week! It was lengthy and detailed, and caused me to immediately change my mind (from previous dr mentioned above). Research and know ALL of the risks involved, including the various ways the procedure can be done, recovery time, etc. Read reviews. Not only the good ones, but the bad ones too.

After research, I learned transcutaneous blepharoplasty had a higher risk of ectropion (downward eyelid), than transconjunctival blepharoplasty. I panicked, because my previous dr was going to perform that method. I'm not an expert of course, but I learned the laxity of the skin & age, determines which method a dr performs....so it wasn't like I could tell them how I wanted it. When I met my current dr, I was so relieved when she said she was performing transconjunctival blepharoplasty because she didn't want to risk ectropion. It was like she was reading my mind. Anyway, I know I'm saying alot, but I want to touch on the dr I selected. She is board certified, specializes in the face, has no complaints or disciplinary actions, was voted Best Doctors in Detroit and America, and did her residency and fellowship at Harvard. I waited in the waiting room for a long time before I saw her, but after meeting with her, I understood why. She was extremely pleasant and patient with me and made sure all my questions were answered. It costs me $250 to cancel my surgery with the other dr (because I was already booked), but I'm so glad I did. I feel confident in my decision and will be back to share what's going on.

Hello ..please update us on How your surgery went. ..also include pics please. .that would help too
GoodBeingMe,
Thanks for sharing your tips. I hope all goes well with your surgery. Look forward to seeing your results.
Thank you, I'll be sure to do so!