Outstanding Result with Dr. Joseph and Silikon 1000 - Livingston, NJ

In October of 2011 I finally decided to have a...

In October of 2011 I finally decided to have a nose job. For years, I was displeased with the width of my nose and the large dorsal hump. I selected a prominent Miami, Florida, plastic surgeon for the procedure. It was a closed rhinoplasty. Six months later, after the swelling had fully settled, the result was terrible. Although my nose had been thinned and the dorsal hump slightly reduced, there were very noticeable flaws. There was an asymmetry, or dent, on one side of my nose due to a loss of cartilage tissue and a crater on the dorsal hump from a cavity revealed during the rasping process. I considered a revision surgery; however the initial surgery was rough on my body, so a second surgery was out of the question. But my nose looked like hell so I had to do something. Another year went by and I finally was motivated to act after people began asking me when I ‘broke’ my nose. That is how bad my nose looked.

I began researching other options, mainly on the internet. It became apparent that injectable fillers were a viable substitute to correcting these flaws surgically. However, widely available products, such as Restylane, could only do so much and the result would only be temporary. I continued the search and came across Dr. Joseph and began to consider the possibility of using Silikon 1000 as a permanent solution. Although I live in the Miami, Florida, area, traveling to New Jersey was not of concern. Finding a skilled and thoughtful practitioner was my main concern, regardless of where they were located. I authored a very detailed e-mail to the doctor, describing my experience, concerns, and expectations. I even attached photos of my nose to provide him with the best possible perspective. Within days I received an encouraging reply from Dr. Joseph. He understood my concerns and felt that I would be a good candidate for Silikon 1000. I was then contacted by his office staff and we arranged an appointment.

My schedule was jam packed at the time, so making the trip into an overnight affair was out of the question. Instead, I opted to make it into a day trip. Fortunately, there are many daily flights between the Miami, Florida, area and New York City. Once in Manhattan, I followed the directions Dr. Joseph’s office staff had provided me with in order to travel to their location in New Jersey by bus. Departing from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown, the route 77 community bus, which is in fact a comfortable motorcoach service, runs hourly and was very convenient. The terminal building is terribly large and busy, but it was surprisingly clean and I never felt unsafe. It was a pleasant 30 minute ride and the bus left me off at a stop about a five minute walk from the office.

I knew instantly that Dr. Joseph was the man I needed to see. After an examination of my nose, we talked at length and the doctor was very honest with me. He felt that Silikon 1000 was the right choice in correcting the flaws, but he was very upfront in saying that it would take several treatments to attain the result I wanted, with at least four weeks in-between each treatment. The plan of action called for correcting the asymmetry and filling in the crater. In addition, he planned to add material above the dorsal hump to give the impression of my nose connecting to my face at a higher point. In essence, he could make my nose look straighter, which was one of the main reasons I underwent the original rhinoplasty. I agreed with his proposal and we began treatment.

After applying a topical numbing agent, the only sensations during the treatment were the slight pinches from the needle. Dr. Joseph’s true artistic technique became evident once he began the injections. He would inject a small amount of Silikon 1000, then stand back and consider the effect it was having on that area. Then he would continue, but stop once again to consider his work, and so on and so forth. It was obvious that, for the moment, I was his only concern. He was making certain that my nose would eventually become a creation pleasing to the both of us. Once the treatment was completed, only some minor redness at the injection points was noticeable, yet the result was immediate. It was incredible.

It took another two treatments for the final result to appear, with each visit to Dr. Joseph’s office being more exciting than the last as my nose began to take on a new look. In the end, the final result is extremely pleasing and my nose looks incredibly natural. I am beyond grateful to Dr. Joseph and his staff for exceeding my expectations and, in doing so, providing me with a renewed sense of confidence in my appearance.

What a long journey you've had (literally)! Were you able to travel home immediately after each injection?

Congratulations on your happy results. Your "after" pics look great!

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Joseph is a very kind and honest man with incredible skill and artistry. I cannot thank him enough!