38 Year Old Mummy of 2, Much Needed Breast Reduction - Liverpool, GB

Well at last I can finally say, 'I've done it', I...

Well at last I can finally say, 'I've done it', I had my operation yesterday and now on the road to recovery :-) so now I'm on the road to recovery I thought I would write down my story..

I can't say how long ive been wanting a br as it seems like forever, I went to my gp numerous times complaining of back/neck/shoulder ache, feeling worthless, unable to partake in sports etc and 3 times I was turned down by the NHS, even though at 5'6 and 10 stone with 32J boobies I fitted the criteria. I have been fortunate enough to be in the position now that I can pay privately for my op and sprints many hours crawling through the internet, looking up different companies, surgeons, finding out as much information as possible about the procedure and stumbled upon this forum, which has been a wealth of knowledge :-)

I had 1 consultation with one firm but wasn't overly happy that even though the surgeons were indeed very good surgeons they didn't specialize in breast procedures but did preform them along with others. Also my 1st consultation was free but was with the sales rep rather than the surgeon and if I wanted a 2nd consultation, this would then be with the surgeon of my choice but I had to pay £500 upfront and commit myself with the company. The surgeon I've gone with runs his own private clinic, is a nhs surgeon and a specialist in breast surgery. My 1st appointment with him was free and with the consultant who would preform my operation, my 2nd consultation was with him again, going through the whole procedure, what I could expect, he was realistic about the pain, the recovery, what could happen etc. I was happy with my appointments and the information I was given and booked in for my procedure, which was to take place in 2 weeks time from my 2nd consultation.

I've now wittered on for a bit, so I will write up d day on another review :-)
Mr Alvi