Never So Disappointed with MAX FX - Livermore, CA

I had this procedure in the summer of 2009. I have...

I had this procedure in the summer of 2009. I have enlarged pores and some scaring from acne. I have had a lower face lift in 2001 {not performed by the same surgeon}, my upper and lower eyes done, laser resurfacing,dermabrasion and Restalyne. The texture of my skin was changing for the worse and the fine lines, particularly around my mouth and the 'orange peel'chin had returned. My skin just looked washed out and nothing was working to improve it. Possibly because I had gone through the other procuedures, this one seemed like a 'piece of cake' as far as the recovery process. As I recall, the worst part were the injections for pain. I was fully recovered within 2 weeks and immediately felt that this procedure was not going to live up to expectations. It is now over a year. I have been very patient, followed all instructions given by the doctor and, frankly, see absolutely no improvement. Unlike the claims that improvement continues over time, the texture of my skin, appearance of fine lines, enlarged pores and scares just continued to become more visible over the past year. I visited my the doctor and he agreed that the results were less then anticipated (my words, not his) and he has offered to repeat the procedure around my mouth and chin. I will probably wait until after the Holidays before I proceed with anything. In my opinion, if you are seeking overall improved skin texture, minor firming {and I do mean minor}, a reduction in fine lines, the laser resurfacing and dermabrasion and much better options. The recovery time is longer and more painful, however I did feel that I got what I paid for unlike this procedure. BTW, I am not certain about the price as I was unable to locate the paperwork; it could have been more or a bit less.

Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

He has been my doctor for many years and, in my opinion, he is one of the most honest, ethical, and talented plastic surgeons in the business. I do not believe that the results are in any way a reflection of his expertise, but the actual process itself overwhich he has no control.