Professional, Detailed, Knowledgeable = Amazing Results! - Denver, CO

Hyperpigmentation

Hyperpigmentation

The procedure itself was very straight forward, I...

The procedure itself was very straight forward, I was made comfortable the same as if I was getting ready to have a facial. My face was wiped cleaned and then the solution was applied. There was a small stinging sensation but Jessica used a hand held fan and that lessened the stinging. The sensation isn't unbearable at all.

Afterward I had a slight yellow tint to my face. Over the next three days my face turned a little red and by the third day, just as Jessica had said, my face began to peel. It was as if I got a sunburn. I was given special mild face wash, moisturizer, and sunscreen to use during the "recovery" period. I was told I was not supposed to exercise hard for about 2 weeks if I remember correctly but after about 7 days I was back in the gym sweating. I would say the peeling lasted about 4 days. By the seventh day post peel my face was fresh and glowing.

I was very happy with my results and I have had a second peel already and the second one stung even less and there was FAR less peeling this time. My face looks even better and my next peel will be the Obagi Blue Peel! This one will be a little more intense but I am confident in Jessica's abilities and can't wait to have it done and see the results!! I will try and post before and after pictures then.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

I originally went to Colorado Plastic Surgery Center to have breast augmentation and liposculpture done. I was beyond pleased with my results and the level of professionalism, skill and knowledge Dr. S and his staff have. He is an amazing doctor, to say the least! Approximately 6 months later, I decided I wanted to do something about the hyperpigmentation on my face and knew there was no where else I wanted to go but Colorado Plastic Surgery Center. After having a consultation, I started using the Obagi skin care products and had my first chemical peel done. I have had AMAZING results and couldn't be happier! I am constantly getting compliments on how beautiful, young and fresh my skin is and have had friends make an appt too.

Amy, your chemical peel experience sounds similar to mine. I just had a 20% TCA peel 6 days ago. The procedure was like you described. The stinging was uncomfortable, but not unbearable and the fan helped.

My skin was completely peeled on on Day 4. The new skin is moist, soft, pink and as smooth as a baby's butt. I love it. The results are so much better than I thought.

I hope all went will with your Obagi Blue Peel.
I did the Vitalize Peel first followed by the Rejuvenize Peel.
Good luck with your treatments. I just scheduled my Obagi Blue Peel for the first week in March. I'm super excited!!
I figured as much. I am considering something similar. What strength did you start with? Second? This is my first peel so I am going SLOW!! Thanks!!
Oh I'm sorry i should have explained the price better. That price includes 3 peels ( the last one being the Obagi Blue Peel) and the entire Obagi skin care system along with a special skin care system for the week after the peels.
I used the Obagi for about two weeks then went off it a week prior and did the first peel then went back on it for about 2 months then have now done the second peel and am back on the Obagi now and will schedule my Blue Peel next.
How long did you use the Obagi system before your peel? What type of peel costs $1,000.00? Is that price with the costs of the Obagi products?

Thanks!

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the review, but before I add you to the Chemical Peel community page could you please provide a bit more information about your experience to fully aid our community.

Did you experience pain and downtime, do you have a few more details about the overall procedure? What made you decide to go through with this procedure, how long had you been thinking about it?

Thanks so much,