Liposuction Fixed my Post-pregnancy Belly. Sort Of.

After giving birth to four lovely children and...

After giving birth to four lovely children and watching my stomach yo-yo back and forth, no amount of exercise or weight loss could get rid of the little pouch I had developed in my lower abdomen. Once my husband and I made the decision not to have any more children, I talked him into liposuction (not the other way around)!

I was awake but had local anesthesia for the liposuction. Admittedly this was a little frightful but I also liked that they could monitor me this closely and I could tell them if I was having any problems. The idea of being put to sleep and never waking up really bothered me so I’m happy they didn’t have to do that.

The bruising was as bad as everyone talks about – HORRIBLE! But I went into it expecting this and was actually surprised that, although I looked like a horror show, I didn’t hurt nearly as much as I thought I would. Moving around wasn’t easy but laying on the sofa watching Oprah? No problem! I must admit that hubby took care of all the household chores and was a gem to have around.

Now that the swelling and bruising has subsided I can see that the results will be subtle. Since I was only having lipo because of a small area, that’s okay. I’m not sure I would go through it again though. There’s no such thing as perfection and I think I could keep going back and never see the complete transformations that you read in the beauty magazines.