Pros and Cons

I went into my lipo with average expectations and...

I went into my lipo with average expectations and as a relatively fit person (29 yo, 5'4", 125lbs, exercise regularly). I had my abdomen and hips (love handles) done. It was a lot of area to do at once, but I didn't have outrageous amounts of fat to remove, just some contouring.

The experience was more uncomfortable than I expected, and apparently I was a little dehydrated when I went into it, because I passed out when I stood up. Luckily the staff was great and helped me out. So I would recommend hydrating really well before any procedure. They removed the equivalent of a Nalgene bottle of fat (1 liter)

I was not in terrible pain or discomfort afterwards, a little stiff and sore but I actually managed to mountain bike 30 miles the next day and return to work a few days afterwards with no problem, only a little soreness when sitting down.

The results are ok. I am very happy with the hip (love handles). The abdomen procedure left a bit of fat above my belly button which results in a little pooch. My measurement decreased a bit but not substantially. Overall this was definitely a contouring procedure and not a fat or weight loss procedure. I guess I am happy with it, and would probably do it again if I had the choice.

You absolutely must be realistic with your expectations! If you are in poor physical fitness or have a low pain tolerance, it will be a problem. If you expect major changes or weight loss, you will be disappointed.

NA

Be the first to comment on this video...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join RealSelf or log in