Extreme Pain for Extreme Time. Hate Results

Had lipo stomach inner thighs and hip rolls. The...

Had lipo stomach inner thighs and hip rolls. The doctor gave No indication as to the amount of time I would be in excrutiating pain.

He also said "like a hard work Out" Complete and Total LIE. Excrutiatig pain for more than six weeks. Still painful and discomfort after 7 weeks. Swollen past 10 weeks and still uncomfortable. Still extreme pain on inner thigh... where there are huge indentations and lumps, wrinkles of flappy skin.

I would never recommend this to ANYONE. Not worth the pain aggrevation and the results are just plain terrible. I have no pros...

I had light ball of the abdomen and inner thighs 4 days ago and already I am in minimal pain. Please do not discourage everyone from getting it. It sounds like your presents were abnormal and I am sorry to hear
stupid autocorrect. *I had Lipo of the inner thighs and abdomen only 4 days ago and already I am in minimal pain. Please do not discourage everyone from getting it. it sounds like you had abnormally bad results but in most cases there is not much pain . Sorry to hear you had a bad experience
I have a consult scheduled w doctor russolillo also and can't find any before and after pics........does anyone have any experience with him
Did you have surgery with dr r!?
I decided not to use Dr r since I didn't c b4 and afters and because he is not board certified
Sharon, I too live in West Palm and am considering lipo to my ab area. Would you please email me? I do not want to undergo surgery by the same doctor that has caused you the bad result. Thank you.
I am writing about having liposuction and pain. I have had a "tummy tuck" and liposuction in inner thighs and inner knees 12 years ago and after 3 years of constant pain I stop and start and when it starts up again I am in agony. I am so tired of this I just don't know what to do anymore, it's taking my life away and I'm not good with taking medicines and the doctor, forget him Dr Gary Russolillo does not stand by his work.
I have an appointment with Dr Russolillo in two days. I want breast implants. I just dont see any pics online about the work that Dr Russolillo does. Ur comment is the only one I found out. Can you tell me a little bit more about your experience with him?
I had my consultation with Dr. Russolillo today for a tummy tuck, lipo and breast lift. I asked my physician, gynecologist and relative (who is a hospital nurse) who they recommend and his name came up with all three! My surgery is scheduled in May.
Did you go thru with the procedures with dr russolillo.? I did & I'm NOT happy at all
I am post op 4weeks now. I had lipo on my legs, tummy and up my back on both sides. The pain is the same daily. Like a sunburn, and sore like I did alot of exercises. It hurts when I turn over in bed too. Don't know how or when this will get better. I wear my garment all day but by lunchtime and afternoon I just wear down. Am in alot of pain. My doctor gives me Darvocet which will just relieve a little he says, but I feel no different.Any suggestions will be appreciated.

SHARON, I also live in WPB, can you email me the name of your Dr? Was he in Boynton? I am considering this and would like to talk to you.. THANK YOU!

After extensive research and choosing the most qualified and respected plastic surgeon, I had liposuction on my abdomen and back. I was in very good health and had gained around 10 lbs during pre menapause. I am 5'5" tall and weigh 132lbs. Now, 3 months post-op, I am stuck with severe neuropathic pain. By early afternoon I am in such pain it has compromised my quality of life. I am becoming very tired and discouraged with this chronic condition. If you are considering this surgery, please be aware that it could change your life in ways you are not bargaining for!

I'm going on 13 months with skin and nerve pain after liposuction. I don't care at all about the ugly factor any more I am starting neurological consultations on my own dime since plastic surgery complications are not covered by insurance. Don't do it - and if you are adamant - be very careful how you select your surgeon. Mine seemed like a a sure thing - attended 2 prestigious universities and has been featured in many national television shows and magazines. Despite statements on his website and in the office for a customized operation, his promised 45 minutes immediately presurgery for marking me was about 10 minutes and he didn't ask a single question about what I wanted, but marked me in areas were I was already skinny. I thought they were anatomical lines and didn't speak up. They weren't - he took fat from those areas. He and his nurse also talked me into doing my flanks which I had not thought were a problem - but thinking that they knew better about what a balanced body should look like, I signed on. My fault, and I am suffering. I am 40 years old and a 20 year long distance runner with excellent skin tone prior to surgery, was extremely fit and never had a problem maintaining my weight. I thought I had a high pain tolerance. However,my weight is now up for the first time in my life - for 6 months 6 months I was not able to exercise and now I just don't want to - moving hurts. I can't even begin to describe the brutal emotional process. "Not worth it" does not begin to capture my opinion. Looking back, it is clear that I got into this to solve a depression problem. Keep in mind that the plastic surgery business model feeds into that by making people feel physically inadequate and that they can be "fixed" by a surgeon. Read the book "Beauty Junkies" first - it is a great read and will help get you more informed. I hope my comments persuade at least ONE person to stay out of this world. Bless all of you who are suffering, and please stay away from the business if you are just thinking it over.
Thank you so much for sharing. I am so sorry you went through such a horrible experinece. Like yourself I am 43 and been running and racing for 20+ years. I eat well...but do like the cookies and cake once in awhile. I used to weight 180lbs at 5'4 and come from a family who does carry lots of weight. That's why 20+ years ago I started to run. I even run funny and didn't care what people said because it felt good. However, I never lost the fat pockets between the thighs (they rub and shaff), love handles and hips. That's why I saw the add in my new gynologist office about Smart Lipo and considered it (Yes, my new GYN does Smart Lipo). Maybe I can become a faster runner if I loss more weight through the procedure? I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart because you just saved that ONE. I wish you all the luck and inner peace. You have touched me and I feel the pain in my chest for you. I will read the book. Thanks, GudyNuf
I was also led to believe that in a "few days" I would be fine. I am on week 6 and my skin hurts. I have a few good days a week. Thank goodness I am off for the summer as a teacher. There is no way I could have gone back to work even at week 6. I keep hoping the discomfort will subside. The compression garment bothers me so bad but I'm afraid not to wear it, I know you have to..
I had liposuction a week ago on my abdomen, outer thighs and hips. In total, they took 8 liters of fat out of my body. Pre-surgery, I was 167 lbs. at 5'7 1/2". The pain has been absolutely excrutiating. At this point, I don't care what the results are. I wish I had never done this. I feel like I will never be my old self again. I was told that the pain would last a few days, and that I would be up and about doing housework after that. Here I am on day 9, and my husband STILL has to help me get up out of bed and chairs. The pain was likened to a bad sunburn. It's more like having been beaten with a whip across the abdomen until your skin was raw. I thought I had a relatively high pain threshhold, but I guess not. I am in constant pain, and even OxyContin (which was prescribed) doesn't give much relief. I would never, ever, ever recommend this to anyone. Do it the old-fashioned way with diet and exercise. Believe me; liposuction is NOT the easy way out!
I was told my liposuction would be a breeze, and I'd be back to work within 4-5 days. After six weeks I still wasn't ready to get back to work. Extremely sore, zingers all day, aches, back ache and skin felt peeled all over. The surgeon was skilled but this is a brutal experience. If this is the "best" option out there, I would try any other option before doing this surgery and only do this as a last resort of all.
I agree it was the worst mistake of my life. I now have lumps in my stomach. I had a very flat, thight stomach and let my PS's nurse talk me into doing the lipo. Should I be talking to a lawyer? My PS doesn't even want to talk "corrections" for another three mos. (6 mos. after the surgery). Has anyone sued over bad results? Who is responsible for corrective surgeries? I am still numb and really do not want more surgery!!!!
I would like to tell you I am doing somewhat better. It has been 3.5 months. I had big scar tissue in my belly area. I have done alot of heat and it is reduced by about 3/4 in size. I can now go a whole day with out my spanx and bra support. It feels better if I wear it though. I can finally say there is somedays I forget I had the surgery, so that is a blessing. Good luck to you Let me know how you are doing