I Will Now Have to Have Reconstructive Surgery!!!

I developed a tennis ball size "module"...

I developed a tennis ball size "module" that was almost purple in color and extremely hot to the touch. Told it was normal and to massage it and drink more water! Within 3 days it was the size of a grapefruit with blisters."blisters were from heat" Told that I needed an antibiotic. Staff is still not overly concerned. Went to ER. I have cellulitis, MSRA "staph infection" Rushed into surgery immediately with no time to waste. 5 days in quarantine at hospital. 8 weeks of special wound care to look forward to. Stomach will be now be disfigured unless I have more surgery. I guess we can now call this procedure evasive with down time!!

It's likely that your doctor or whoever administered the injections simply did it wrong. I just had this done on me, and I started laughing at something during two injections, causing the needle to be pulled out of the mesoderm and into the dermis, injectimg some of the solution there. It's very important that the injections only go into the mesoderm, no the dermis because it lyses whatever cells it comes in contact with. I have two small blistered areas because of my stupidity, but they didn't break open and are now healing. This is why it's important to have a qualified physician do the procedure AND to remain very still like they tell you to during it!
This was my 3rd visit. The November Allure magazine has some good information in it regarding the pro's and con's of LD and the LA Times printed a good article on Dec.3, 2007.
I am so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. I have done two treatments now and am curious to know, what was your doctor's diagnosis? Was this your first treatment? My provider informed me that I would only have a chance of infection is my body responded that way. Was that the findings in your situation? I have done alot of research on this treatment and have not found an experience like yours. Could you shed more light on your situation with me before I have my next treatment? Thanks in advance!
Hi! I was reading a post from August 11, 2007 from someone in CA who is now having reconstructive surgery to correct bad lipodissolve. If you are the person who posted this -- or if you're reading this and you had lipodissolve in the Los Angeles area -- please tell me more about your experience. Where did you get it done? What were you told? I was thinking of having it done, and now I'm worried. Thanks!
California: I'm so sorry to hear about your experience following your lipodissolve treatments. I am a lipodissolve provider for fig., and your side effects are certainly rare and uncommon. You were smart to go directly to the ER. Have you followed up with your provider to let them know what happened? I wish you a speedy recovery. Best of luck to you.
Was this after one treatment? Did a doctor inject you? This sounds like a nightmare. I hope you recover well.
I sent you a private message about my reason. I hope you respond, as it's important.
why is it important to get in touch with me? I only posted to warn others of the possible dangers.
Is there any way I could get in touch with you?
Modesto, CA
TKD, I am very concerned about what happened to you. What city are you located in and how could I contact you? It's important to me.