Happy So Far

First, I have to say, I was terrified after having...

First, I have to say, I was terrified after having seen the 20/20 special this week. I am having my flanks and lower abdomen done. I just had my first treatment on my flanks done last week (4 days ago). The office visit was not painful (felt like a rubber band snapping), but it was quite embarrassing to stand/sit there half naked and have my fat pinched and prodded. There was a tiny bit of bleeding at the injection sites, but not much soreness, just a little stinging. I put 2 ace bandages on very tightly around my hips and the spanx briefs. I actually went right back to work, and was not uncomfortable, but could feel the swelling start. I put the polysporin and arnica gel on 3 times per day and kept both the ace bandages and spanx on 24 hours a day. My clothes were never tight, and the swelling was the worst on the 2nd day, my hips did look a little grotesque, with slight bruising in 2 half dollar-sized spots on both sides. Other than that, no bruising. Just took the ace bandage & spanx off this morning (5th day)and looking pretty normal. Still a tiny bit tender. Working out for the first time since treatment today, so we'll see how that goes. I'm scheduled for a belly treatment on Wednesday, but honestly, am kind of scared since the 20/20 program, even though I seem to have had good results from the flank treatment. Both treatments (6 sessions each) were a total of 3400. I will definitely continue the flank treatment, my next session for that is April 16. My suggestion is to use the arnica, keep the dressings clean & use the polysporin, and wrap ace bandages around the site as tight as possible, and wear the spanx 24 hours a day for at least 4 days. This really helps with the swelling & bruising. In fact, my boyfriend didn't even notice I had anything done (I'm afraid he would kill me if he knew I did this). He spent the night last night and I took the ace bandages off for a bit then after he went to sleep put them back on and put on a pair of yoga pants over them :) Of course, the lights were off :) But we went out to eat the same night I had the treatment and he didn't notice anything with my clothes on. Above all, GO TO A REPUTABLE PLACE THAT HAS DOCTORS AND/OR REGISTERED NURSES ON STAFF.

Updated on May 3, 2008
This is a follow up to my last post..I decided to hold off on the lower ab treatment until after my flank treatments are complete. The center I have the treatment was fine with that and even offered my money back..so I feel much better after watching the very biased 20/20 segment. I had to travel for work, so the 1st available time I was able to get back in for my 2nd treatment was this week, on Tuesday. It is Saturday, and I am still a little swollen and bruised. Followed pre- and post-treatment to the letter, wore my ace bandages & spanx, and drank tons of water. Even though the injections were increased, and yes, I was more swollen this time, the recovery was about the same. I'm not seeing much difference (well, my clothes do seem like they are fitting better, but that might be all in my head), but was told I wouldn't until the end of the treatments. So far so good!!
Sona Med Spa, Charlotte, NC

Hello Mom of 2, I also reside in Charlotte and I'm anxious to know how your experience turns out and if you can pass along what doctor you went to for this procedure. If you could be so kind to keep me updated or email the contact info for the doctor that would be greatly appreciated, thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon!!
I go to Sona in Ballantyne. Still a bit swollen and it's been a week since my 2nd treatment. I definitely see a difference though and will continue through all 6 treatments.
I go there too.. Very happy so far.. My nodules are taking awhile to go away. Abdomen and flanks, just finished #3. I hope you see good results like I am..
I have had good results with Lipodissolve. I am horrified by some of the post-treatment reviews I am reading though. I read that one gal was having her second treatment 1 week later. That can't be a good idea. The clinic were I had my treatments done is very strict about the number of treatments you can have. They also make you wait a minimum of 4 weeks between treatments in other areas and 8 weeks in the same area. I found that the consultation before my procedure was much more honest than as seen on the 20/20 episode. I was warned of ALL the complications. I was told what to watch for and was also told it was not FDA approved. I was also informed that if you are unwilling to massage the treatment area for a minimum of 15 minutes each day you have an increased risk of complications. (This means extreme massaging.) I strictly followed the 3 pages of pre and post treatment directions for 8 weeks and had no problems. My directions included what to eat before and after, how much to rest after, how much to exercise after, what medications you shouldn't take before and after, and ever what to wear. In all of the research I've done, both before and after treatments, I am finding that I hear the worst case scenarios in conjuction with poor post-procedure directions and treatment. I truely believe that it's unfortunate that many people are needlessly suffering and being lied to. I do however feel that the episode of 20/20 that covered lipodissolve was very biased. I was disappointed. Everything in life has goods and bads we don't need to over emphasize the bad to make a point. Lipodissolve is not something that should be taken lightly. I've had it done and fortunately it went very well but I do understand how it could be a terrible experience.
Hello. I have heard of this and I am going to research to learn more about it. If you don't mind me asking, where did you go and how much did it cost? Thanks, Kay
I go to Sona Med Spa in Charlotte, NC. It was $1700 for 6 sessions on my flanks (love handles).
Hi, I just had lipodissolve on Friday, May the 16th and was not really given any post-procedure instructions. Would you mind emailing me some of the major issues that were discussed in your instructions?
Hi.. My name is Katherine. I, too, have recently trie Lipo-Dissolve. And like you, I'm getting my flanks done. I had my first treatment 5 days ago. I was in pain for the first few days. I'm okay now, a little sore, but ok. Since you are pretty far into yours, can you tell me more? I want to know everything! Have you seen any results? Does the pain get worse? Also, it surprises me that you are getting 6 sessions. My doc told me I would only need to purchase 3. Is this just a tact to make me pay for more to see the results I want?? Sorry for blabbing... I'm just scared that I wasted a lot of money and went through a lot of pain for nothing! I would really really appreciate it if you would respond to this. Thank you so much for your time!!!