Do Not Recommend - Pinellas Park, FL

I had gore-tex softform implants placed in my top...

I had gore-tex softform implants placed in my top and bottom lips 9 months ago. First, the injections given to numb the areas were extremely painful. It has been 9 months and my lips feel hard and I can feel four different bumps to on the top and two on the bottom where the implants end. The bottom implant looks ok. The top one is higher than my lip on one side. My smile is unatural looking. I don't look good when I smile at all.

I went back to the doctor several times she just tells me to do lip exercises. I do the exercises and the only change I notice is tingling and an uncomfortable almost painful feeling when I do. I wish I never had it done but I am afraid to have them removed for fear of what I will be left looking like without them. I also can't afford to have them removed. I am still paying off the initial surgery.

My lips are hard and my smile (when I show teeth) is ugly now. The implants do not appear to be in the lip area.

Hi there, sorry to read about your bad experience.I had permalip, implants put in 4 years ago. The injections were a wee bit painful!! But i could feel no pain at all. Just a tugging sensation.My surgeon was brilliant,it was all over in 20 mins.There was bruising around my mouth for about 9 days, my lips are soft and beautifully formed, (The lower lip is larger than the top one, because that is how i wanted it to be.They look so natural to. Permalip was certainly for me. cost £2000, 4 yrs ago worth every penny.
HI THERE,I WOULD LIKE TO DO PERMALIP ALSO BUT I AM SCARED WHEN I READ SIDE EFFECTS.YOU SEEM HAPPY ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE.MAYBE YOU CAN GIVE ME THE NAME OF YOUR DOCTOR AND WHERE HE IS LOCATED.
THANK YOU SO MUCH. ROSIE
Hi, I've just had permalip a few days ago but they feel so hard and are affecting the way my mouth moves when I speak etc. do they soften or are they always going to feel like this?
I can't tell from the photos you posted, but I can tell you this--lip exercises won't work. And you shouldn't be in a position where you have to do 'lip exercises' in the first place. That's not what you paid for. Your surgeon already knows this, or if she doesn't, she should.

I had lip implants, and mine came out really nicely. When I had them done, the surgeon told me that I could have them replaced if I personally felt the implants should be larger. That implies that your surgeon could and should be able to readjust the implants that you have.

Speaking just for myself--if I were you, I would seek the opinion of another plastic surgeon who is experienced with doing lip implants. If he/she feels the implants are off-center or whatever, then he can write up his opinion, which you can then take back to your surgeon and ask to have it re-adjusted. This should be done without further cost to you for surgical readjustment.

I personally think that your surgeon is taking advantage of you because she thinks you won't know how to stand up for yourself. So surprise her. Stand up for yourself. Her recommendation that you do 'lip exercises' is total bull___. The exercises don't work, and it's NOT what you paid for in the first place. She should be ashamed of herself. Tell her I said so. And if she disagrees with me, contact me through this website and I can have at least three plastic surgeons tell her how wrong she is!

Hi terilynn,

Ah, no fun at all, I'm sorry you are going through this. Your lips don't look bad at all based on your pictures. Hopefully you will find someway to feel better about them. Please keep us updated if you do.

Thanks so much, enjoy your weekend!

-Britt