37 Year Old Mom of 2 - Lincoln, NE

Ever since I had my second (and last child), I was...

Ever since I had my second (and last child), I was so uhappy with the way my body did NOT go back together. I had lots of loose skin and a wrinkly belly that sagged. Besides the extra weight I gained, the belly made me the most unhappy. After dropping a fair amount of weight, I spoke to a couple of plastic surgeons several years ago who told me that no matter how hard I worked on my belly (crunches and push ups), I would never be able to correct the saggy, wrinkly, loose skin. After years of pondering and summoning up my courage to go under the knife, and being unhappy- I went in and saw another surgeon who I felt very comfortable with. My surgery was done on February 18th. So that makes me 10 days PO today. Despite the blood clot in my right leg that I'm being treated for, I'm recovering nicely. I wasn't sure I'd ever get to feeling better! That first week PO was not too much fun. The pain, not being comfortable, and all of the PAIN! But, I had heard that the first week was the worst and to just hang on. It is true! That first week, around day 7, is when I started to feel better with the incision site and comfort. However yesterday, when I was told I had a blood clot due to my surgery, I felt like I was kicked backwards in my recovery. But, after talking to the several Doctors who I had to deal with, I realized that clots are common and easily treated so long as you catch them early. Today, my spirits are high (even with that stupid pain in my leg!), and I'm able to almost stand up completely straight. Each day I feel stronger and am looking forward to the says ahead when I'm able to get my drain out, stand up straight at 100%, and to be able to resume doing all the things I did pre-op. I go back to work this Monday (13 days PO) and am looking forward to it. I know that it will be a slow trasition, but I also know that 3 days from today I'll be waking taller and much stronger! Good luck to all of you that I've been talking to in this site and you all of you newbies!

Post Op

Today I'm about 2.5 weeks postop and feel pretty good. My drain comes out today, I'm back to work, I have a pair of pre-op jeans on and they are comfortable, and today I stood up completely straight for the first time. Life is good today. This weekend I hope to post updated pics post op.

The road to recovery

Here are a few pics through my recovery. I am very happy with today's (day 18 PO) pic. I finally found the 'Flat Side'. Things at starting to look up :)))))

5 weeks PO

Wow! Didn't think I'd make it this far without more hurdles. But, knock on wood- I'm doing pretty good. Despite everything that I've gone through and after looking at my 5 week PO pics (taken today) I'd do it all over again. I'm already to start my second (and final) body project...liposuction on my inner/outer thighs and rear. Happy Days ahead. Good luck to all you New tummy tuckers!!
Lincoln Plastic Surgeon

Fantastic bedside manner, easy to talk to, answered all of my questions pre and post-op. Have a great deal of trust and respect for Dr. Bryant I am looking forward to the next procedure.

You look great!
Your scar is so nice and low! Looks good.
Thanks iam_claire! I took a swimsuit bottom in with me the day of surgery and had my surgeon mark me around it. I told him that if possible, I wanted the scar to be hidden under it. He did it and I am so glad! !
You look great!!!
Such a tiny waist - continue to heal - glad you caught the clot early on. Smooth sailing from here for you dear .
Thank you so much skinnyinside. When I first saw my waist after surgery, it was shocking. Thanks again!
Awesome!
Thanks striddy!
Beautiful 18 day po pic. Hope I look as great as u.
Oh, Thank to so much GoofyFoot! I'm really happy and am looking forward to a decease in swelling.
Congrats! Looking forward to post op pics :)
Hello, Good luck luck tomorrow. Let us know how you get on.