Just Got Invisalign - Limerick, PA

I have just finished my first week with Invisalign...

I have just finished my first week with Invisalign. So far, pleased. The hardest part is the issue of eating--it's such a hassle to remove them and clean your teeth and the retainers after eating that I find I would rather suffer sometimes and just not eat. (Guess that can be a good thing)
I smoke, and I do smoke with them on, but try not to often. I am averaging 20-22 hrs a day, I take them off for my morning coffe and cig, (1 hr), off when I'm home from work and starving (6-8:30-ish, eat lots and smoke), in again by 9pm. It's an adjustment, but I think worth it instead of metal. I do have to get the white attachments and rubber bands on my second appt. in Jan, not looking forward to that because I hear they make it much more difficult to get out. The only thing I notice, and some others is I do have a slight lisp, but not awful. Thought that would go away, butit didn't. Especially saying the number 6!! Worst part so far: Not being able to wear lipstick!!!! Need lipbalm, lips get dry, and I drink a lot more water, mouth seems dry often.

Pennsylvania Orthodontist

Still in the new phase, I'll keep you posted!