Immediately Removed Broken Capillary – Lihue, HI

I went to a doctor that operates the laser...

I went to a doctor that operates the laser himself, not a technician. His experience and knowledge encouraged me to be proactive and get those darn sun spots removed!

I mentioned the broken capillary (on my nose) in the title because it was gone after just few hours. Something I cover up every, single day is now gone. Yay!

The sun spots are beginning to darken and hopefully will fall off within the next week.

I had no redness or swelling after. Painful during the procedure? Yes
The lack of redness may be due to a conservative setting on the laser, but I asked to go slow and would rather have to go another session than risk ugly side effects.

Also, I had my whole face treated

Sun damage starting to show

Two days after the first treatment, my face has lots of dark speckles. After reading reviews from the real self community, I knew to expect this. Foundation conceals the speckles, but they are dark, so still somewhat visible. I felt comfortable going about my daily routine today and running errands in town.
I hope these spots come off before the weekend!

Five days after initial IPL treatment

Four days after my first IPL treatments, the pigmented spots have fallen off. Yippee!

I will be going for a second treatment to address the spots that remain.

To clarify, the sun spots have faded by about 40%. At the initial consultation, I was told 3-5 treatments for full fading.

After reading lots of IPl reviews on this site, I notice that the second treatment (where the laser is turned up higher) is where a lot of people experience negative side effects.
I wonder what setting the Dr. will recommend.

Going back for a second treatment in a week

My Doctor recommended waiting four weeks between IPL sessions.
Until then I am using a retinoid cream at night and sunscreen during the day.
Still at 40% fade
That is pretty good for a twenty minute treatment!

IPL second treatment

Went for my second session of IPL today.
The laser was turned up a little from the setting of the first treatment. I think the Dr said from 32 to 34.
This time, I took advantage of the numbing cream provided by the Dr and applied a small amount about 30 minutes beforehand.
This time, the zaps hurt! Even with the cream. I seem especially sensitive on my forehead and nose. The Dr said this is common as the skin there is thinner and close to the bone. Whatever the reason...ouch!
But still, so worth it . My favorite part is looking in the mirror and see no more broken capillaries...immediately.
Thanks Dr.Phan
Hawaii Plastic Surgeon

Knowledgeable and interested in my desired outcome.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please post updates and let us know your final results.