Lifestyle Lift: Be Realistic!

Pros are the obvious youthful looking results. the...

Pros are the obvious youthful looking results. the follow up staff was phenominal with their care, but the reception staff at the center was indifferent.

Cons come in when unrealistic expectations are not met and this surgery isn't take seriously.  You will not do this on your lunch break and come back to work. You will swell, bruise, and be in pain fin the first 24 -48 hours. Take a minimum of 2 weeks off and longer if you bruise easily. Be honest with yourself.  It is manageable with medication and enough time to heal, but it is uncomfortable and inconvenient.  Take anti-nausea medication UP FRONT. I started throwing up and couldn't take my pain meds for the first 24 hours and was miserable until I got a script filled for nausea at the second day appointment.

I had surgery done at age 55 because I looked tired (eyes) and was working on a second chin (jowls and fat).  I teach and appearance is a big component for a presenter.  I didn't expect to look like a young girl: simply fresher and energetic.  At 11 days post op, things are just about where they should be.  I wish I wasn't still bruised (cheeks and neck), but the chinline looks great.

Frank Filiberto

He is brusque and not very user friendly, but he has years of cosmetic surgery experience and lots of operations with LSL. Filiberto is pleasant enough, but always seems in a hurry. His "BIG" sutures are all well up into my hairline behind my ears. The eye incisions are finely defined and will hide very well under makeup, I believe.

scheduled for lsl next wed in houston, any advice on those who had it done there, results, pain, Dr. Smith?
Thinking about Maitland...what do you think?
Or yet How Long Does it Last (the results)...
Schaumburg Lifts Lets here about them ...Good Bad or Ugly..... Scheduled in July
i am thinking about having lsl in las vegas nv. i read about all of the horrible things that has happened elsewhere, i would like to know about anyone from vegas that has had it done and how it went and also the dr's name. this would help me alot
TY again, but I hate no one personally and again my mental health is just fine. Worry for yourself. I do hope that your lift lasts longer than 6 months and that you remain happy with your lift. As has been proven, this lift does not stand the test of time. I hope you beat the odds. I really do. Is is an awful thing to look in the mirror and not recognize the person looking back at you. If it seems that I hate LSL, well you may be real close there. I do not condone lying, misleading, misrepresentation, etc. We all have our quirks. You know in the state in which you had your surgery maybe the medical board is tighter with regulations than they are here in GA. Maybe I got the most awful "surgeon" ever, whatever the difference, it has happened to me and others. LSL had the opportunity to make this situation right and instead they kicked me to the curb. Too many women on this site tell the same story over & over for all of us to be lying. Best, Chrystal.
Keep hating on the inside, then - no procedure, person, or thing will ever make that beautiful through surgery on the outside. Good luck
Mick, thank you for your private email that you sent to me. Here -- so everyone can see what you wrote to me: Chrystal, Stop flaming at everyone on the Net: it is non-productive, which is why you are coming off as a "crazy woman" to people. If you have a case, and feel you were wronged, pursue it in court for compensation and stop hate-blogging and looking for online comisserators. Stop whining and do something constructive to salvage your situation. The next story is when you win (or lose) your lawsuit; otherwise stop it or it will mentally destroy you. Be smart. So Mick, since I cannot email you back, here is my comment to you: Thank you for your concern about my mental health. So far I am doing just fine. Not nuts yet. I am so happy that your "LSL" went well and hope you continue to be happy with the lift and the result that you had with it. Please don't worry for me any longer. I don't need your concern. My lift did not go so well, but I know that you already know that, me and 60% of the other women & men that post here did not have favorable results. I will say it again: If I can stop one man or woman from going through what I went through I will scream it from the roof tops -- Don't have a LSL. In so far as me searching for others to do my LSL hating with, I don't have to look, there are plenty out there and more that we don't even know about. What, you think we have secret meeting wearing LSL haters on the outside and chat, we hate LSL, no! LSL did this to themselves, or rather they did it to us. I didn't ask to have a hatchet job done on my face and neither did any of the others that had poor results. And results is what we are looking for here isn't it--the truth? Oh and do post you pics, we all want to see. Thanks, but no thanks, Chrystal.
I had a LSL 1/5/09, with Dr. Filiberto. Don't think I would have done it if I had really known how hard the recovery is. I still have no feeling on left side of my face, still (2/5/09) have big scabs on the incisions in my hairline and behind my ear, some swelling. The Lidocaine injections while wide awake were so painful i cant bear to remember it. He is good at the surgery, I will have a good result when I finish healing. It's really 2 surgeries or more, one on each side - a double-whammy on pain and healing too. Lortab caused nausea - got phenergan pills to solve that problem
I am still getting my feeling back around the ears.I had big scabs also,applied vit.e oil twice a day.i think that helped more than anything.I had terrible nausea also.Its not easy, but I sure feel good about it now.I had alot of swelling but no bruising. Your at 4 weeks now, it gets better faster now. we are leaving for fl. Sun. for my final check up.[and picture] good luck to you.Debbi
did you take arnica? or use the gel? i did, but i still experienced swelling about 3 to 4 weeks. i think we are coming back to fl. next week[i hope, i hope] and i'll be able to get my final check. i can't wait to see what the dr. says.y the way i am 56.
So good to hear from a like spirit! I wonder about how long this will last myself: there is all this crabbing out on the Net about the procedure being a "rip off" and not lasting. Of course, if you are happy and things went well, you often don't blog about it. One thing I am still experiencing is SWELLING. Arrgh. Got anything that makes swelling go down FASTER? My husband says I look Asian. All but the yellow bruising under my eyes is gone; there is still some numbness in front of my ears and under my chin. I can't wait to see the before and after pics - I really haven't had a chance to compare them.
mick, this dr. also did my lsl on nov 18 in maitland. how are you doing? im very pleased with dr, filiberto. and the staff.i look back on my photos right after surgery, and it is shocking and hard to believe that everything [goes back in place so well]im very glad i had it done. he did a grat job on my eyes too.i never had a nice defined jowl and always had adouble chin. no more. my husband agrees with the dr. he took 15 years off my face.no its not as easy as you may think,i think they just make it sound easier than it is. or maybe i didnt ask enough questions, [cause i probanly would not have wanted to know] ha.but, i did follow their instructions to the t.and took very good care of myself in hopes to get great results and i think i did. i havent been back for my 8 week check yet,but my next question will be , how can i keep it? wonder how long it lasts?