LHR is Not for Olive Color or Tan Skin!

I was getting glycolic peels from this derm for...

i was getting glycolic peels from this derm for quite some time, the peels were great; however the laser hair removal for my face was horrible! i started out from having a little peach fuzz to having a full grown beard! the hair is coarse and no matter how much i wax or thread it, it comes back! not only has it come back thicker, a lot of it is ingrown. i had over 12 sessions, and a blood test done to determine if it was something with my hormones/thyroid, the tests came back normal! each time the doctor would increase the strength of the laser, which did nothing.

i was then told that it was due to my skin color (which is olive/tan) and thus it did not work. i have 3 girlfriends who also had this procedure done and they are of hispanic descent, and all of them grew more hair and it was dark/coarse as well! i am assuming it was due to the doctor shaving our faces before treating it with laser hair removal!

the laser machine they used on me was called the gentle yag, i can tolerate the rubberband snapping feeling on my face and neck, but the amount of hair on my face has caused me a lot of stress! never get this done if you have anything but fair skin!

ANA DUARTE

WAS NOT INFORMED THAT THIS PROCEDURE COULD CAUSE ADVERSE EFFECT!

Olive skin is very fair in color!white in the usa is defined by the us census bureau as people of middle eastern/northafrican​/european blood! many countries in europe originated in the middle east,,,dumb folks dont know that
!!Even racist sites like sormfront know that whites come in MANY shades!!! the majoirty of whites have brunette hair! whites have pink/olive/yellow/go​lden/red undertones and be darker or lighter!! fair skinned can be pink and olive! olive is very pale!
Stay away from Gentle YAG. It is not even intended or suitable for fair skin, from what I have read. I have not heard good reviews of this. Instead go to a licensed dermatologist practice to get laser hair removal, not a spa, and see whether they have the Coolglide Excel Nd:YAG from Cutera, or the Apogee Elite Nd:YAG for darker and/or tanned skin tones. These Nd:YAG lasers can be used for your skin tone. Also, diode laser by LightSheer can be used on lighter olive skin tones, provided you are getting treated by an EXPERIENCED and licensed dermatologist/aesthetician.
I went for a whole year and it was worse. Now I have to wax. They used the yag which is supposed to be better. No way. Painful and waste of money and time. I have light tan skin.
ok this puts me off doing it. does anyone know if kendela (laser machine) is good?
GSR what removal method are you using now? I am undergoing Alexandrite laser and it's been 3 since the last session and only now i get to see the regrowth which is like yours..longer and maybe it will get worse!? How long did your hair take to grow back after your last session?
The yag is actually for darker skin types (brown to black) and it's not proven to have permanent results. Get Diode laser. supposedly it works better on a fair skin but it will work for your skin type too. Just avoid the sun, don’t peel your skin and don’t wax your hair.