Full TT, over 5 pounds of skin removed. Was a size 16 - Lexington, KY

I had full TT with lipo of hips and flanks 2 days...

I had full TT with lipo of hips and flanks 2 days ago (April 28th).

My pain has been very tolerable thus far. I think having previously had 2 C-sections helped me know how to cope and what to expect.

I was pretty out of it in the recovery room, when the PS was giving my husband the full report on how the surgery went, but according to my hubby, the PS said he removed 5.5 pounds of abdominal skin and one litre total of fat from hips and flanks.

My husband tells me that the PS (20 yrs. experience) said it was the most skin he'd ever removed during a TT. I was wondering if those of you who have already had your TTs remember how much of your skin was removed? I will go in for my post-op visit on Monday and can confirm his statement, but Im just curious as to whether this really is a lot more than the norm. BTW, I feel great and highly recommend going for it to anyone out there considering this surgery!

Its May 1st here in thoroughbred country. Derby is...

Its May 1st here in thoroughbred country. Derby is in
one week. Guess I'll be missing all those fun Derby parties, but that's OK by me this year! The only pain I feel is while Im attempting to stand up or sit down. I find that pressing a smallish pillow firmly on my abdomen helps greatly in those situations. otherwise, just experiencing the general discomfort of sitting in my recliner for the last 3 days-back and hips feel sore.
Two questions for the group: Does anyone else out there have the Sofpulse electrotherapy apparatus on with their garment? Secondly, how many days supply of valium/muscle relaxer were you all given? Had my TT on Thurs, and it's Sunday morning. I only have one more dose of each left. Is this normal? Seems a bit soon to be off perscription strength painkillers. I had more when I had my C-sections if I'm not mistaken. Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks so much for posting your story here on RealSelf. It sounds like you're getting some good responses from other ladies who've been through tummy tucks. I'm glad you're doing so well healing. If you get a chance, check out Kimmers' Month-by-Month Tummy Tuck Diary. It's a great read and will give you some idea of what to expect in the coming months.

Oh man I hope they remove that much stuff from me today! LOL I am so glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you are happy with it. I still think a week supply of pain meds is not enough I hope I get more then that.
The key is to nring your pain meds with you to sutgery so you csn syart on thrm right away. Onve my meds were in my systrm and i was in my recliner, dsy one was sleep, medicate, chicken broth. Keep on top of the neds. Giod lycj and report baCk in rhwmenwxr few days. Gid bless!

Now 5 days post op. Feeling very little pain....

Now 5 days post op. Feeling very little pain. Walking around well and can almost stand up without discomfort. Of course, this brings on a whole new thing to obsessively worry about. Why can I almost stand up straight already? Whya doesn't my tummy feel as tight as most of you talk about? What if there is still too much skin laxity? Took my first shower today, not much swelling, yet! when should i expect that to start? i dont have drains as my doc uses a special stitching method that wont allow fluid buildup. share your thoughts guys as im starting to wonder whyi dont feel tighter?
Thanks for the Kimmers month by month. This helps so much!

Glad this was helpful to you:)

Day 8. I felt great today and yesterday, and as a...

Day 8. I felt great today and yesterday, and as a result, I did way too much. I am hurtibg now. Guess I need to take it easy tomorrow and rest. Until 2 days ago my belly burton was looking so good, but I think my overdoing it has put some stress on it, b/c it's oozing a bit. Time to reign it in and remember the house won't fall apart without me.HA!

I dont have pre op pics -I was seriously too embarassed to post, but I plan on getting them from my doc so I can post before and after. I was a size 14/16 because of the massive amount of skin around my lower belly. I thought tummy tucks were only for cute little size 4s but this web site really helped me understand that TT can make a huge difference regardless of ones frame. Im very active and exercise is very important to me as is moderation of food and drink. Its taken me a long time to come to grips with the fact that I've just got a bigger frame and to be proud of it. Curvy is good! AND NO SAG IS EVEN BETTER!
Thanks for sharing your story! Hope you decide to post pics one day...just remember your befores, nothing to be ashamed about because it's no longer your body anymore..not your flat & sag free! YAY!!!!! (Dont worry my befores are the most horrible on here lol)

Went to a 10 day post op. visit this morning. All...

Went to a 10 day post op. visit this morning. All looks very good to Doc. He removed my tape, showed me how beautifully my scar is healing, retaped (he's a big believer in changing out tape every 10 days). Sure enough Im now on a few Advil a day and one Lortab at night so I can sleep through the discomfort of the recliner! No pains at all except tight back muscles...until this afternoon. Ive got little jabs of sharp pains to the right of my belly button. Could be from the reduction in stitches after this morning's visit? Or could be a nerve? Dont know, but it's irritating. Its probably because I tried to do too many of my Mommy duties today! Driving, walking, driving, walking. Time to get in the recliner. Im only 10 days post op. Gotta keep that fact more at the front of my mind! Ladies, tell me what you did at 10 days out, as far as activity goes. I think I might be overdoing it.
Congratulations on your TT! Hope you are healing well. I had 10 lb of skin removed. PS refused me any lipo when I inquired LOL. It gets easier and it is a very exciting time for you!
I have the same pains on my right side, just to the side of my bellybutton. My PS said that everyone naturally has a side that heals better, faster, easier. I notice that all of my swelling, muscle pain, etc. is on my right side, so this make sense. Thanks for your great post on the April TT's forum. You answered all of my questions and put my mind at ease :)
Well then that makes sense b/c my whole right side seams to be what gets sore and tores out first each day. Thanks for the tip!

Photo Update

Well,I've finally posted my pics. So hard to...

Well,I've finally posted my pics. So hard to look at the befores. But, maybe it will help someone else who is in my shoes. For years of exercising like crazy and eating well, I thought there was something I must not be doing correctly. Went through several trainers and lots of calorie counting. It really was so frustrating and heartbreaking to try so hard, yet look so out of shape. Now I know that all along, that "belly fat" I thought I had was 5.5 pounds of SKIN, less than one pound of FAT (on flanks), separated rectus abdominis muscles, and three BIG HERNIAS. Wish I would have had the courage to do this long ago!
Any new pics? You look great!
Thank God for plastic surgery, this web site and of-course you. I am having my TT tomorrow and you have inspired me so much. it's true you can excersize 24/7 but that stomach just sits there.
I'm going for a consult Monday 7/11/11 for a TT hopefully with lipo. I've been worrying mostly about the cost but reading this story and posts have helped me realize there's a lot more to worry about. Thanks to all for the honesty of your postings. Tjey are helping me keep in the reality of tis procedure.
Lexington Plastic Surgeon

In his field, he is untouchable! He was recommended to me by several surgeon and nurse friends. He's a perfectionist, excellent listener and such a pro.