So Nervous! - Lewiston, ME

My name is Sarah and I am 21 years old. I am...

my name is Sarah and I am 21 years old. I am scheduled for a breast reduction on may 15, 2012. I am 5'6 180 lbs. my breasts have always been very large and have grown more since having my son 2 years ago. I wear a 34 J so the surgery will be good for me and I'm excited but I am still a little freaked out. can someone who has had a reduction please help!

Hey everyone.. I havent updated lately because Ive...

hey everyone.. I havent updated lately because Ive been really busy with school and work.. my breast reduction is only 2 months and 5 days away!!!!! yay!! Ive been looking lately at before and after pics to get an idea of what I would like to have and I realized something.. I always say I would like to have a C cup at the end of this but idk what a C cup really looks like.. anyone else have this problem? I dont think typing in C cup breasts in to google would answer my question any lol...
Dr. Harmatz

Saying a prayer for you
Is there a doctor in maine that takes mainecare for a breast reduction? If so where can I find him or her
Hey misspassion.. My doctor, dr. Harmatz, in Lewiston takes mainecare..

I would recommend finding a picture of a size you like and start that way.  Sometimes the visual is easier to work with.

Hi Sarah! Not much to add here, I am waiting for my surgery too :) I just wanted to say I am so jealous that you live in northern Maine! It is like one of my dream locations. Right now I am stuck in Southern California because the hubby is in a residency out here. Bleh. I need trees and real weather....
Sarah, you would think that as for along as technology has gotten there would be a phone number updating system lol. Sounds like you got lost in the sufffle but I am happy you have been found :) I got a little impatient and instead of waiting for the 7 to 10 days to get word through the mail, this morning I called my insurance and found out that I was approved!!!! I called the Ps they gave me and I only have to wait a week to see him. I looked him up and didn't find as much about his work as I would have liked but the reviews I did find made me feel a bit better. It was the stars instead of comments I would rather have the comments but they all were 3 to 3.5 out of 5. I really the med group he is with too. If I don't feel comfortable with him next week then I will not have any problems seeking other PS's in my network. I am a nanny for a parents who both teach at a high school. I'm hoping to get this done during Christmas break so taking time off will not be a problem. My parents will be coming out of state to be with me. My husbanmd will not be able to take time off. (he works in an E.R.) I am greatful that they both will be here. I have a 10 yr old daughter that my dad can entertain while mom and I entertain each other. You might have to travel a small distance to been seen but that is a small price to pay for a better life! Keep posting and talking to people so you don't loose your motovation we are all here for ya!

Sarah we are all here for you:)  All of the women would  love to help you through your journey.

Also keep posting and reading through the forums and Q&A's.  I would love to hear more about how you found your doctor and RealSelf.

My biggest regret is not doing this sooner, the day before my surgery all the thoughts about backing out crossed my mind....I've lived this long with them what if something happens what if I don't like them. As far as pain there was little to no pain more of being uncomfortable than in pain, you will see it will all be worth it and you will wonder why you ever had any doubts, hope this helps
thank you so much. I know that it will be worth it I'm just scared that its gunna hurt or they wont be what I want. I've seen my doctors work first hand and it came out great so I'm hoping mine will too!
Thanks lady! Hope you are feeling well! Im just sooo nervous. I have waited to get approved for this surgery for about 4 and a half years so its been a big build up. After waiting so long it kinda stinks to have to wait another 6 months for the surgery. But I live in northern maine and the doctor is 3 and a half hours away and the roads are horrible in the winter here so may seems like a good time. My BIGGEST concern is what if they turn out horrible, what if I want my old boobies back? Not only that but from looking at the pics that people have posted, I feel like this is going to hurt really really bad.. I have a big problem with change, Im what you would call type A. Im just trying to let my guard down and remember it will all be worth it. Any tips, advice, or stories are more than welcome!!
Hi Sarah, I understand your concerns, I them too, especially "what if I want my old bobbies back". I ams afraid of waking up and not being able to tell the difference or being to tell the difference because they have been botched up so badly. I am not scheduled yet, I still need to find out if I am approved, this wait is hard but my referral was only put in yesturday LOL. If you don't mind me asking, I am just wondering why has it taken over 4yrs to get approval, that is crazy but very happy for you that it has been approved. After waiting 4 1/2 years, on one hand May probably feels so close but on the other I bet time is crawling by. Hang in there time will go by fast and before you know it, it will be all over and you will have a new life and nerves will be replaced by happiness.
hey BustRed! I'm glad that someone else is feeling the same way.. it took four year for me because in Maine when you are on mainecare (the state healthcare) you need to get a referral to see a specialist. my doctors office sent out the referral and I got approved for the consultation but for some reason the surgeon never got ahold of me. finally I started called the surgeon and it turned out that They never got anything from my doctors because They were faxing the paper work to the wrong number. instead of calling they just kept faxing it. so after I called they told me the right number and I told the drs office. I had my consultation on September 28 and I got approved for the breast reduction on Wednesday. once the ball got rolling it didn't take that long! my surgery was going to be scheduled in January but I requested may because I am in college. also the office is 4 hours away and the snow in northern Maine is ridiculous. with weekly follow ups for the first month I thought it was better to wait!! ok sure your approval will come soon. hang in there!!!!
I'm sure***
Hey girl. I am 20 yrs old. I was a 40G and got bigger when I had my daughter in jan...I got breast reduction yesterday..I'm feeling pretty good. It's worth it. Check out my blog. I will be posting everyday my recovery process..how I feel and pics too!

You got this!