Look Great for 64 Years Young - New York, NY

Has been a difficult recovery, very uncomfortable...

Has been a difficult recovery, very uncomfortable especially my left ear. Had both neck and face lifted and some skin removed around the eyes. Left ear incision (behind ear) is larger than right, raised and very sore to the touch including the entire ear. Front incisions are healed and cannot see them at all. Lobe is still a little swoolen but going down slowly, however, now getting headaches. Has anyone had these symptoms and what can be done to make this less uncomfortable. PS says not uncommon what I am going through and all will resolve in time. Tired of being so uncomfortable.
Fadi Constantine

Love the doctor - great beside manner, caring and very thorough, did a grat job and was very honest about what he could and could not do.

Ladysolo how are you? how is your healing coming along? any improvements? Take care
It sounds like I had similar procedures done. I also have some pretty bad ear pain. I am using a cream called DermaTox. I bought it through the Healthy Habits website. A friend told me about it and it seems to be very soothing. I have also had the occasional headache. Usually they are gone within a few hours. Healing for me is going slowly….. I am much improved since my surgery on 10/29. Would love to know how you are progressing!
Thanks for the rply. I had my surgery oct 4. Been a long recovery. Started feeling alot better around 5th week. The ear is still uncomfortable. A friend who had this done told me they take more from one side than the other. She is correct, my right side is just about completely healed, can sleep on it now but the left still no good. My friend who is a nurse told that left ear incision has a way to go. I hope you heal and your recovery is speady. It does appear based on the reviews this could be mor than the traditional 6 week recovery like most surgeries.

Thanks for sharing your experience on RealSelf! That sounds like one heck of a recovery. I do hear from a lot of women who are surprised by the intensity and duration of recovery from neck and face lifts. Here's a thread with more on that.

Please keep us posted as you continue to heal!

I would say it takes a good six months to really start feeling like you're old self...or new self, I know I looked better than i felt. It took that long to get the feeling back into my checks and ears and neck too...