Glad I Had Surgery =D - Leicester, UK

I have hated my nose since the age of 12, i got...

i have hated my nose since the age of 12, i got bullied for my 'big nose' and ended up with low self asteem. i had a bump on my nose and hated my profile. at 21 i finally booked myself in for a consultation and im so glad i did!

it is now a month after my surgery and i am really happy with the result, i had the hump removed and the tip more defined i also had my bridge lowered.

the surgery went well, i had to keep the cast on for 15 days (i ended up feeling very sorry for myself and depressed in that time). i was in no pain whatsoever throughout the whole thing. the cast has be off 2 and a half weeks, my nose does look a bit different to when i first saw it minutes after the cast removal, i dont know whether this is down to swelling. the feeling has fully come back in my nose, the tip is still very hard tho.

i have noticed the bones on either side of the nose where my hump was had protruded a little, its not very noticable and does seem to change from day to day so im not sure if this is down to swelling also.

overall i am a very happy girly :)

Leicester Plastic Surgeon

such a great doctor, available 24 hours if you need him, gives you realistic expectations and advice, could be more happy with him.

Your after nose looks great! I am hoping to have breast enlargement with mr henderson in Leicester in the new year! Glad I found some reviews on him! He seems very professional and informative :) so excited!
Did you have consultations with any other Leicester surgeons? I'm having a revision after a failed primary on the NHS with Peter Conboy.
Love your new nose! I've always liked the angled up tips.
Hi danni
I dunno if u still come on here! Please could you advise me of the surgeob u had in leicester
Hi danni
I have the same exact nose you had before, I mean, literally the same. I'm 15 and know I'm still too young to get any surgery done. I want to wait until I feel ready, don't want to be hasty.

Anyways, your new nose looks amazing. Really!
Mt front view looks great, just like yours did, so I'm hoping that if I ever get my nose done, it'll look like yours.

I'm just really hesitating and scared if the change is too drastic or not appealing in the end. I don't want it to be any worse. I always try avoiding talking to people in profile ( Which is impossible if you ever tried. ) so yeah. I love my body and face. I feel perfect beside my nose. But seeing you being so brave and getting a nice result, I feel more confident. (: Sorry for the rant!
(I'd like to send you some pictures, if you don't mind. )

Love your new nose. (:
your nose looks beautiful. i have a similar nose to yours and i am hoping for a result like that. how long did it take to remove the splint?

What a great result. I'm glad you're so happy with it. I would be, too.

The tip of your nose will be hard for quite some time. I want to say that mine was that way for at least a year.

Thanks so much for sharing your story and photos here on RealSelf.

i cant see your picture, but it shouldnt do, surgeons can make your nose thinner if thats the thing your after also. removing a bump can make your nose wider but thats the reason they break the bones either side of your nose so they cane then reset them to make your nose thinner :)
thanks
Dannii
wow ur new nose looks great! my nose is wide do u think if they remove the bump that my nose will look weird cuz its wide? heres a pic of my nose err just look at my pix here