Just Had a Mini Face Lift - Cant Feel my Ears - Leicaster, United Kingdom

Hi i had a mini facelift 5 days ago. I am very...

Hi i had a mini facelift 5 days ago. I am very happy with the results, i have had little bruising, slight swelling and obvious tightness of skin. I love the way i look at the moment and hoping it does not look too different when all the swelling and tightness goes down. I am feeling quite tired, but luckily i'm being looked after, so have a full week just to doss about :) would love to hear from others who have recently gone through the procedure. I'm not quite sure what type of facelift i had, but i know he pulled up the deep and superficial muscles and slightly tightened my skin back, My turkey neck and sagging jowls have gone, my cheeks were sunken in, but are now fuller and my cheeks appear higher. If anyone could tell me what this kind of facelift is called id be most grateful, i went under general anesthetic and the op took around 4 hours x

Hi just a little update to say that i am all back...

Hi just a little update to say that i am all back to normal at 3 weeks and hoping to post the most recent photo, if i can find out how to do it on this :) but it was a breeze really after the first week of tiredness and numbness, highly recommended by me :)
Dr J. Hayter

After having consultations from other providers who were charging double the price and not seeing me in a hospital environment. I was really pleased that this operation was done at a professional medical hospital, rather than some beauty clinic, which was how the others came across.

I also had a mini lift with dr Hayter mainly down to yours and Stephs reviews I'm two days post op face a bit swollen but travelled from leicester to Cambridge on train today.Felt a bit self conscious but had hotel booked.I want to thank both of you for such honest reviews,he is truly a great surgeon who cares about his patients and his work.
Hi 5994 jeeps, yes i totally agree :) put a bag of frozen peas in a pillow case for the swelling, it really helps to sooth the area and takes down the swelling. It wont last that long :)
Hi, I've just had a mini facelift with Mr Hayter and I'm currently recovering at home. (I'll post the results soon). The whole thing was a breeze. I'm rather concerned about the swelling though (my face is completely distorted and my mouth looks stretched, which is something I really didn't want to happen) but I'm fairly sure this'll calm down after a few days and I'll be able to see the results properly. I'll post some photos then..
Two weeks later and excellent results! The swelling has almost totally gone and I couldn t be happier. Mr Hayter is a fantastic surgeon!
Hi, was wondering how you were doing a year on from surgery, was it worth it, any problems?
wow, thanks for posting this. You look great! thanks for showing where the incisions are... do you still feel numbness? If not, when did you think the numbness went away?
Your results are amazing. Thank you for sharing.
Hi, Sorry for contacting you again. I'm just about to go for the same op as you (with Mr.Hayter) but just having a few last minute panics.. I was wondering, have you noticed the effects of the mini facelift wearing off at all in the three months since you had it done? Also (and I appreciate this sounds bizarre!), did you feel the skin on your face was pulled upwards? Or more to the side, towards your ears? All the best, Steph.
I would like to know the price of the mini lift?
Hi Kitten, thank you for the compliment :). I am 43 and i am 10 weeks or so post op and i am so shocked that i cannot see any scarring, at first there was just a thread line in front of my ears and now i can't even feel a scar never mind see it, so yes i am totally impressed. especially as i had wondered beforehand if having a scar was worth having the lift for, i wear my hair back all the time in a pony tail and i can't see the scar so, i cannot imagine anybody else could :). Hope this helps
You look beautiful! I didn't think you looked like you needed this in your before pic but wow, what a difference. I used to live in the UK (East Yorks) but live in the States right now and the irony is that I'd love to have access to your doctor! Would you mind if I asked how old you are? Can your scars be seen if your hair is pulled back in a pony tail?
I'll probably end up doing the same! The thing I'm scared of most is standing in the school yard picking up my child from school and people thinking 'what the hell has she done??' So I'll end up having to tell people, or at least explain to them why I suddenly look so different (She only started school last week so people don't really know me enough yet hopefully to notice. One of the reasons I'm acting now..)
I'm hoping for the kind of result where people will think I've lost weight or gone on holiday or something. I'm concerned it's going to look too tight and I'll end up being the talk of the playground with a weird stretched mouth..
Hi Steph, i think you will be fine nobody really notices the difference, people are too interested in their own appearance to look too much at others. I think the minilift is subtle, it is tight and swollen at first though, so i would recommend that you tried to steer clear of doing anything the first week, if possible. Although, i wore a head scarf when i first left the house to get my stitches out and i think i got more attention from that :/
Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking but what has your friends and family's reaction been to your mini facelift? Have people guessed what you've had done? From your photos it looks totally 100% natural.
lol, its funny you ask that Steph. Only my boyfriend knew about the op and he was fine with it, you know, whatever makes me happy.. and i had decided i was not going to tell anybody else, not even my mum. BUT, after the operation you wake up as high as a kite because of the drugs they give you and i was happy as...... well anyway to cut a long story short i had my phone and facebook at hand when i was in this euphoria and well, lets say i accidently told the world and his dog what id had done :S. so i went on to write a facebook dairy about my experience, just to save face :/ lol x
Hi Kayla, I too had a one stich mini facelift almost two years ago (Birmingham, Priory) The results seemed great at first but really didn't last long (I think they do last longer for some people. It depends on your skin type). I went to see Mr.Hayter on Tuesday as I was interested in the advanced mini facelift too. Bizarrely enough although the receptionist told me the price would be £2900, Mr Hayter said it would be £3100 (I was also told by the receptionist I shouldn't have to pay £130 for the consultation if I agreed to go ahead with the procedure, but I'm now not sure if this is the case. It's a shame as I now have to find extra funds quickly).
I'll hopefully be going ahead with the procedure fairly soon (thanks to Sandra's photos! I would have liked to have seen a few examples at the Spire Clinic). I'll post the before and after photos on this site so you can see what you think!
Hi Kayla, thank you. I went to the spire clinic in Leicester, the name of the surgeon is Dr Johnathan Hayter. I think the one stitch just pulls back the skin, but he pulled the underlying muscles back to the original position and then the skin as well. it cost 2,900
Hi minifacesan, I'm very interested in your procedure, you look great, i had a one stitch facelift 2 years ago under local anaesthetic, but feel like my jowls and lines are back.
your results look great straight away, can you let me know which surgeon and clinic you used & cost if you don't mind please, many thanks Kayla
Hi Steph, Ohhh i'm so pleased for you, you will be delighted with the results, he is a great surgeon, IMO and very professional. I am totally back to normal now and there is no lumps or bumps or any numbness left. I hope it goes really well for you and be sure to post your before and after pics, if possible :) good luck. Sandra x
Thanks for getting back to me! I spoke to Mr Hayter today. I think I'm going to go ahead (your photos and comments really made my mind up for me, although Mr. Hayter was great, really reassuring). He offers twilight anaesthetic which doesn't sound too bad (less terrifying than general).
Thanks for your comments. I'm actually quite looking forward to it!
Hi, You look fantastic! Which clinic did you use? And did you need a general anaesthetic? I'm frantically searching surgerys throughout the UK for ones that'll do the procedure with a local. So far the only one I've found is the ME clinic in Bristol (I'm in Derbyshire, a bit far to travel).
Hi Steph, yeah i had a general i'm afraid. I used the spire clinic, which are available in a few cities, if you give them a ring, they may do the local. Good luck :)
Hi, just wondering how you are doing after your surgery, was it worth it in the end!
You look great! Excellent results!
looking good, glad u r happy with the results!