Bad Rhinoplasty UK Transform - Leeds, UK

I had my first surgical procedure in September...

I had my first surgical procedure in September 2011. I don't have any before photos as I rarely ever agreed to be in pictures. I was happy with my new nose for about 6 months, until friends started telling me it had become 'bent'. I was too scared to go back to the surgeon for fear they would cast me out, so I had fillers in my nose. these lasted another 6 months but didn't really help my situation.

I finally plucked up the courage to go back to transform and Dr. Ahmed in September 2013 . they agreed to do a revision surgery as my nose had deviated. The procedure went as well as I'd expected and the hospital is nice, however they wouldn't tell me how I could get a sick note off work, and the staff were a bit distant. in my week of recovery everything went ok, I'd had the surgery on the Sunday and my splint was to come off on the following Monday. The glue from my splint was becoming loose after a week of wearing it, and I arrived at the surgery on Monday morning having had the splint fall off in the night. The nurse Pat said this was fine and that it wont affect the healing, and to just wear steri strips for a further few days, to which I complied.

I was really happy with my nose, but I just remember crying to my mum saying I didn't want it to go back because I had spent my entire savings on this. Unfortunately it has deviated worse than before and I am deeply unhappy, and considering some drastic measures as I cannot afford another surgery. I went back to Transform and Dr. Ahmed, who told me it was my fault that my nose had deviated worse than before because 'I didnt follow the care plan,' and that any further operations may be detrimental to my own health. I was appalled at first but had completely broken down and was uncontrollably sobbing, so they agreed to see me again 6 months post revision op. I went back to the clinic last Friday, to which they hadn't even written my appointment in to the system so I waited over an hour to see Dr. Ahmed. As soon as I walked in I could see he'd made up his mind, and he said to me 'your nose is very bent again, but because the care plan wasn't followed I cannot help you further without you paying for a new procedure.' I walked out of his office stunned at how cold someone can be to someone whose happiness depended on them. I don't understand how previously, he didn't want to operate as it may affect my health, but this time he is more than happy to operate if I pay another £4500.

I would not recommend Dr. Ahmed, granted my nose is better than my very first op, but now it looks worse that before my revision surgery, and the way I was spoken to I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies.
Dr. Ahmed

Hi, my nose is wonky too, naturaly. Have you thought aboutgoing to ent department, maybe the nhs could sort you out because its devicated. Can you breath ok?
My nose was naturally off centre which is what I wanted fixing from my original surgery. I had a response from another doctor who said that my septum should have been moved and fixed in rather than just straighten the cartilage. I'm gonna try the nhs next and I'm also seeing what payment plans I can get with other surgeons although I don't like the though of being in debt! I can breath fine I just can't look in the mirror!
Ur pretty. Dont u find pics make it look worse! People dont really notice mine unless I point it out. U could say a few white lies, for nhs just to get an examination, like u get stuffy at night so u get regular headaches. Of course dont reply to the naughtiness but its an idea. Good luck.
I am sorry about what happened to u. But ur nose doesn't look so much deviated. I think for me u still look beautiful for real. It is like u were born with that nose. If u wanna get a revision that's fine i ewspect that but dont think u look horrible. Gud luck
Thank you for such a lovely comment! I'm searching through more surgeons now!
Find another surgeon. You deserve someone who respects you, and who is also not only capable but masterful at revision.
I'm currently searching for one now. Thanks for your comment!
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf! I'd like to know how your doctor knows if you did or didn't follow the care plan seeing as you recovered at home I'm assuming?

You're a gorgeous girl with or without the deviated nose, but I do hope for your own peace of mind that you're able to find an awesome, highly skilled doctor who can help you. Please keep us posted!
Thank you for this lovely comment! I think because I arrived to have the splint taken off and told the nurse it had fallen off, he then took that as proof that I'd removed the splint before I was supposed to and therefore not followed the care plan! Very frustrating but I'm trying to stay positive and hopefully find a way to accept it until I can affirmed to have it sorted!
:( Im so sorry that you are going through this. I hope that you find some solution from a dr that does care. Im so shocked at the way you have been treated by your own dr. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Thank you for your kind words! X
If I were you I would run away from this doctor and would never let him touch my nosr again. I really feel bad for you but hope you can find a skilled surgeon to fix your nose. Good luck and be well.
Thank you so much for this comment, having people say such nice things is making me think more positively!
You are welcome. Please keep us posted.
I'm very sorry to read about your misfortune. Honestly, I wouldn't go back there anyway after the way you were treated and blamed for the mess he created. Good luck...hoping you find the means to get this fixed.
Thank you so so much for commenting! It's lovely to know that people are out there sending positive thoughts!