Cool Sculpting Waiting for Results- Hips, Lower Abs, Upper Abs, Inner Thighs, Bra Fat. UT

I'm having cool sculpting done to my hip area. I...

I'm having cool sculpting done to my hip area. I am hopeful that it will eliminate the bulge of fat I have on my flanks. I would also like to do my lower tummy, but the physician I spoke to recommended not wasting my money in that area because I plan to do a tummy tuck. I am currently trying to lose weight and have been following the fast metabolism diet program for a couple of weeks now. I feel like this is worth a try because no matter how thin I am, my flanks are always a little chunky. I will add pics tomorrow.

I did it!

I had this procedure done this morning and I have to say that it was a breeze. I've read that it can be very painful but I didn't think it was bad at all. The worst part about the treatment was the initial shock of the cold gel pad on my skin... Ha ha! The machine itself was maybe slightly uncomfortable for a minute while it is being attached to the skin but honestly it was no big deal, with in a few minutes she had the suction level cranked all the way up and I hardly flinched. Initially I consulted with a physician (for another surgery) however the treatment was performed by one of his staff members. She was very nice and seemed to be well-trained, she was able to answer any question I had regarding the treatments and other surgeries I had questions about. All together it was a good experience and I hope to see some good results from it.

Before pics

After treatment

After cool sculpting treatment on flanks using small applicator.

Lower tummy area

It's been about a week since having cool sculpting done on my flanks. I haven't had any pain, downtime or problems with those areas since have the treatment. I decided to go ahead and treat my lower tummy as well mostly because I'm tired of it and also because its going to be a while until I have the tummy tuck.

The suction felt a little stronger in the lower abdomen than it did on my hips, but I was able to handle the treatment with the machine turned up completely. I had the urge to go to the bathroom halfway through the treatment and had to hold my bladder for about 30 minutes. I can't even tell you how uncomfortable that was, so make sure you take a bathroom break before you get the treatment started.

We used the larger piece on my lower belly and I was able to nearly fill the entire thing with my lower belly fat. I think I am going to have really good results in that area... I can't wait to see the outcome three months from now. Still following my nutrition program at home.

Belly

What doc did you go to ? I'm in idaho and was looking into coming down to have it done.
Thanks for the question. Honestly, I haven't had any sort of result just yet so I don't really feel comfortable giving anyone a referral. I'll keep you posted on my results, but it's really too soon to expect anything. My understanding is that it works better for some rather than others. I'd hate to give you any expectation right now because it would be a long travel for you.

Feeling a little crampy...

I started feeling some cramp like sensations in my lower abdomen this past week. They started two days after my treatment and are not anything that a couple of ibuprofen can't help. So far I have no results to report, it's way too soon to expect any changes. I'm still following a pretty strict diet and doing well with that I have been losing around a pound a week since I started it in May. The treatment hasn't affected my weight in any way although I did have some swelling.

I'm glad you went ahead with you abdomen too because you looked like cool sculpting would be maybe as helpful as a tummy tuck and you can avoid a scar. Thanks for your review, looking forward to your results and mine :)
Honestly, I really need the tummy tuck and I've wanted it since having my first baby. I've been through a few pregnancies and its gradually gotten worse. This is just to hold me over for a while until life provides me that opportunity. What are you having done?

Pain

Not too complain, but the crampy feeling is getting a little worse. It has become more of a pins and needles sensation. I've read that it's pretty common after this procedure especially when the large applicator is used. I have been taking Advil pretty regularly for the pain but it doesn't really go away completely. I know it's only temporary and it hasn't kept me awake at night. The pain is really only in my lower abdominal area, my love handles have been fine.

Feeling Much Better

It's been ten days since I had the procedure on my lower belly and the pain has decreased significantly. Days 5-9 were the worst, I was taking a lot of ibuprofen this past week. It felt like I was being poked with pins and needles constantly. I still have a few zings in the area but it is feeling much better. Still no results to report on either area.

Three Weeks Out

It's been three weeks and all of the pain and weird sensations are gone. No results to report yet.

Did you use Dr. Yates? I was looking into getting it done with him. Have you noticed any results?
I'm still waiting to see results. I'ts still kind of early for that. I was told that you start seeing them around the two month mark. I've been following a food program so I've lost 3 pounds since having this proceedure done. I'm sure that the weight loss is not directly related to this because the program I follow is very strict.

One Month

Well it's been about one month since I had my treatments and I am pretty certain that I'm beginning to see results. Nothing dramatic but an overall smoothness to the bulges I had treated. I'm feeling pretty optimistic. I will post photos when I have time to take some.

Inner Thighs

I just realized that I hadn't posted anything about having my inner thighs done until now. I had them done about two weeks ago so don't have any progress to report just yet. This is another bulge I have whether I am thin or not. Currently I am not at my lightest weight, however I felt like the treatment would be beneficial because I just hate feeling lumpy and bumpy all over. So far, I feel like I have seen some improvement in my hips and tummy but neither area is flat. I am nearly to the two month mark and trying to decide if I want to treat my flanks again. I am not as concerned about treating the lower abdomen a second time because I will eventually have that area removed.

It seemed like I had more swelling in my inner thighs than I did in the other areas. The swelling lasted for about ten days after this area was treated. I have taken photos along the way, but I don't feel like any of my photos really show much change. I want to ask the clinic who did my treatments if I can see their photos. I'm hoping they won't mind if I post them.

Nearly Two Months...

It's been nearly two months since I had my flanks and lower abdomen done. I've seen the most significant change in my flanks but only because they were ridiculously over sized. They are still big but my shape is starting to look pretty normal/average now rather than deformed because of the extra large muffin top. I think my flanks would really improve with additional treatments however I have not had that discussion with the person who did my treatments. I have read that it is good to have the second treatments around the two month mark so I am going to have another consult in about two weeks.

Can u post some photos?? I'm not able to see anything ??

Photos: before (top), 4 weeks (middle), 8 weeks (bottom)

I was finally able to get a hold of some pics from my doctors office. Now that I am eight weeks out from having my flanks and abdomen treated I am starting to see results. I am pretty happy that things are starting to change and can't wait to see how things look next month. The top photos are my before, middle is after four weeks, bottom is after eight weeks.

Thanks for the photos!! Glad you are seeing results. Can't wait for mine.
You are welcome. I am still a ways out from full results but you can see from the photos how things are progressing even as early as four weeks.
Sorry for the delay. Photos are up now if you are still interested. I'm not to where I can say I've had my full results yet, however you can see how my body has progressed in the past eight weeks.

Still waiting for final results

I am still waiting to see where my final results end up for my initial treatments. Over the past week I had additional treatments. I treated my abdomen for the second time (vertically with the 7 inch straight hand piece), my flanks treated a second time and my lower bra fat. The plastic surgeons office I went through offers package deals where if you buy more treatments they become a little less expensive per area. I have a couple more areas I'd like to treat eventually: my armpit bra bulge area and my upper abdomen. I will probably do those areas next month if I can find some cash.

That is great progress! I hope my belly also shows visible results. It has only been 3 days now since the procedure for me.
Thank you. I think so too. It seems to take around three weeks after to start seeing changes so you will start seeing a difference pretty quickly. I should be at my full results in the next couple of weeks, although some say it could be another month. Will post again soon.
I thought about getting every area done, but i started with my inner thighs first. I have to say the only difference is in my left thigh, which to start off is a half an inch smaller than my right thigh and there is a small deformed indention from the coolsculpting hand piece. They don't have the straight handpiece yet. Anyway, so I realized that each area would need between two to three treatments. When you add up how much that would cost it would be way cheaper to just have liposuction. Even after 3 treatments of coolsculpting the most you would see is 60% difference in just the area of fat that went into the cup, whereas lipo you get an 80-85% change right away. When you add up how much time and money it is actually going to cost it's not an inexpensive treatment like they make it sound like.

Contour improvement :)

I was just checking out some photos I had taken of myself a year ago. I was about 15 pounds lighter back then but after having the coolsculpting treatments my current body contour has improved since then. I'm very excited about that!!! I would much rather have a nicer shape and be a little heavier than weigh less and have a lumpy contour.

Yea, lipo would take more fat out,but you'd probably need a thigh tuck because of saggy skin from the sudden loss.. CS is so gradual, that the skin has time to adjust
Hi Ibagoalie :) thanks for your comment. I think you are right about me needing additional cosmetic surgery if I had just done lipo. I'm hoping to avoid needing a longer scar by having the coolsculpting versus liposuction, my skin is just too stretched out already in my flank and belly areas. With my skin having time to adjust over time I feel like that is becoming less of a risk. My shape is changing nicely too and I'm happy about that. I should have some new photos next week.

Photos- Hips and Lower Abdomen at three months

If you've been reading my blog here you'll know that I have been having cool sculpting treatments since July. I started with my hips and lower abdomen, it's now been three months since having those areas treated. I am especially happy with the progress made in my hip area it The other areas have been treated more recently...inner thighs- two months...upper abdomen- one month...bra bulge- three weeks. The photos show progression since July. before: (top), four weeks: (second), eight weeks: (third), twelve weeks:(fourth)

did the tummy hurt bad? I want to do it.
Not too bad during the procedure. It's just a tight cold sensation you feel for the hour of your treatment and that is only temporary. After about five days I had a bit of a pins and needles sensation but was able to keep myself comfortable by taking ibuprofen. The pain I had was mild and lasted probably three days. It also helps to take ibuprofen right before having it done.

Progress so far

I just wanted to post some information about the areas I've had treated so far :

July-
hips and lower abs (3 months)

August-
inner thighs (2 months progress)

September-
middle abs/ hips (second treatment)/ back/bra bulge(1 month progress)

October-
upper abs

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

inner thighs- what do you think?

So far most of the visible progress has been in my abdominal area so there is no doubt in my mind that coolsculpting works for that area. By the middle of November (next month) I will hit the three month progress mark on my inner thigh area. I haven't really noticed much happening to my inner thighs but I'm holding out and hoping it works. My inner thighs still touch even though I've been doing more lower body workouts for the past couple of months. When we did the inner thighs we made the decision to orient the applicator horizontally rather than vertically, and for the past month I've wondered if it should have been done the other way? What do you think? If you've done your inner thighs and seen progress I'd like to hear about it.

Wow! That is a huge difference, You look great! Congrats! Your pics have really inspired me! I think your results turned out great..how do you feel about it?
Hey MommyMrsV, Thanks for stopping by my review. I feel pretty good about the way things are progressing. As of today, I've only hit the three month mark for my hips and lower belly so I'm still waiting for results on the other areas. The only area I've felt disappointment about is my inner thighs, but since I am just shy of three months there is still hope I guess? We tried something new in that area by turning the applicator sideways to do the treatment and I've wondered if I would have seen more results by doing the treatment vertically in that area? Any thought on the inner thighs? There is no doubt in my mind that it works well in the abdominal area... Especially in the lower abs. It's too soon to say anything about my bra bulge and the middle and lower abdominal treatments.
Well from your pics so far I can already see a difference in the inner thighs...so I'm sure more time will show more improvement.

Working out... Butt lift

I thought I would just mention that I started doing the Brazil Butt Lift workouts in September. I have really enjoyed this workout and am noticing improvement to my backside and legs since I started the program. My butt is starting to look less of a square shape and in one month has lifted enough for me to pass the pencil test... This photo explains how to do the pencil test if you want to try this at home.

Hi Prettyone, how's everything commung along? I wanted to ask you about the Brazillian but workouts you been doing, did you order the cd for it or just going on YouTube? Cus I started it today & went on YouTube but the only thing is, is that theirs so many different ones on there you can do. So you have any advice on which one is best? Or rather which one you've been doing? Thanks
I bought the DVD program Brazil Butt Lift through Beachbody it's taught by Leandro Carvalho. It's a fabulous workout and I think you will really like it. I'm not sure if you can find it on YouTube or not but I did find it online through dailymotion. There is a calendar to follow and I'm pretty sure you can find it online if not message me and I will direct you to it.
Hello again! I am doing great and about to the point where I will be taking more photos in a little over a week. This month I will be at the three month mark with my inner thighs so I am pretty anxious to see if that is improving. It's the only area I have been hesitant to report anything about because they really don't seem any different. I guess we shall see on the 18th? Thanks for checking in :)

Workout updates

I've gotten several questions about the workout program I started in September called Brazil Butt Lift. It's been a great program so far so I thought I'd share where you guys can find the videos online, you can find most of the videos at a website called DailyMotion.com.

I personally bought the DVDs through Beachbody and have been following the slim and shape/pear shape calendar that was included with the set, you can find copies of the workout calendars online at this website:

For 30mtg, I seen that I could purchase the Braz but lift on YouTube but would rather save money & just do the YouTube videos they have on it. Of course theirs like so many of them but I went thru a few a just started the 6 min one for now and it was a good lil work out. As long as your doing them every day you can't go wrong :)
I found a link earlier for most of the videos on DailyMotion.com and posted it in the comments here so hopefully you guys saw it.. If not, try this link: http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xu6j8p. The only one I didn't see on that website was the Tummy Tuck workout and I found the full length video on YouTube at: http://youtu.be/l6NgqG5UUZo
great think i will do the same, want to save up a little to do my back love handles ;)

Photos- hips and lower tummy 4 months

Photos- Hips and Lower Abdomen at four months

Here are my newest photos... It's been four months since I had my first set of coolsculpting treatments. I'm at varying stages on the other areas. Three months now on the inner thighs. Two months since the bra bulge area and middle abdomen were treated and one month progress on upper abs. I didn't grab the photo of the inner thighs because it didn't really seem like it worked well in that area :(. The good news is that the clinic I am going to has offered to retreat my inner thighs with the straight hand piece in hopes we can make some progress in that area. I'm satisfied with that, so in all fairness I am just going to wait until we retreat the inner thighs to say much about that. I'm really happy with the way my hips and lower abdomen have progress, it seems like I am just starting to see changes in the upper abdomen.

I had two C sections and my lower belly is depressing. No matter what I eat or dont eat, it never changes. I am afraid to spend the money on a tummy tuck. I wonder if I am a good candidate for this coolsculpting but I am curious about the cost??
Prettyone34, where did you get your treatments done?
Yes ok that helps, Cus I'm about 6 weeks in & I can def see a diff but not wat I'm hoping is the final outcome. I can now wear most of my clothes w out a gurtle I used to always wear. BUT it's still a small muffin top :). Can't wait for the next month or so. Also iv been doing my Brazillian workout and it is making a diff on my booty lol. I'm almost passing the pencil test. Thnx for the recommendation.

Lower abdomen second treatment

I haven't posted much for a while because my body hadn't changed much since the last pictures were taken. I had my abdomen treated again for the second time this past week. It was a little tender at the time of treatment when the applicator was removed but over all basically the same. The larger applicator was used both above and below my belly button. It's been five days since I had the treatment and I've had no prickly sensations at all this time. I plan to treat my hip area once more at the end of this month. Overall I've been really happy with the the treatments, so obviously that is why I am doing more at the end if the month.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Additional hip treatment- right side

I was preparing to do multiple treatments of my hip/waist area at the end of February. After consulting with the coolsculpting expert at my Plastic Surgeons office we decided to only treat my right hip area. I have a little bit more if a bulge on this side of my body compared with the left side which is relatively smooth at this point. Going to wait and see how that turns out, it's been about two weeks so things are only barely beginning to change. I will post additional photos in a couple of months :)

Thanks for it updates, watching with interest.
No problem. My abdomen and flanks did really well with this treatment so I'm happy to share. Sometimes more than one treatment is required per area.