41, 1 Kid ,mastectomy Sept2012 in Left Breast and in Right Breast Jan '14 with the Expan Implants - Laval, QC

It's been 1 week 3 days since i done surgery,...

it's been 1 week 3 days since i done surgery, oufff and outchhh !!!
all been and doing great at this moment but i was sufforing 8/10 about 4 days after the surgery...
the surgery was preventive mastectomy on right breast since left was my cancer one, and they put expander in both under the muscle ( don't know the term exactly since i'm fench speaking lol), 5h surgery and 24 h hospitalisation and it was ok.
I went tru all emotion from regret to gladness , i cryed when i saw my breast the first time after surgery i couldn't beleive that a plasticien could made me look like that, but he told me and being confident that iTs only temporary that after the implant surgery, the real one,I will be looking like a real woman :)
Dr Hanni Sinno

I just wanted to say that I am in awe...and feeling quite selfish after seeing your post. I currently have breast implants just for cosmetics... (not from having battled breast cancer) and am getting them removed next week. I have been feeling so self absorbed and worried, then saw what you have been going through. Good luck to you! God Bless and how wonderful for you to share your incredible (and rough, I'm sure) journey. Be so well!
Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. We hope you find the community supportive throughout the rest of your reconstruction journey. You are smart to be proactive with your other breast even though it was painful in many ways. When is your first injection into the expander area? Reconstruction is a long process but I'm excited for you to eventually feel like a woman again. Keep us posted on your progress!