Fat Transfer To Buttocks (BBL) - Strax Rejuvenation, Lauderhill, FL

New to RealSelf but I've been doing research using...

New to RealSelf but I've been doing research using this site for a while (years) now. For a long time I searched for the right doctor to do my fat transfer (bbl). Now that I am graduating from RN school, I've decided to do this as my graduation gift to myself. I decided to do the fat transfer because I've always had hips but my backside don't match up well. My hips are wide and my butt is a little flat (lol). I've had a few consults and decided to go with Dr. Randy M. Dean at Strax Rejuvenation in Lauderhill, FL. The first consult I had with him was with my sister at the same time. So I called back and they let me do another free consult with him before paying my down payment. I was pleased with what he explained he would do, he wasn't irritated with the fact that I asked for another consult and he answered all the questions that me and my boyfriend asked. Yes my boyfriend went with me on my consultations, I mean he has to look at it so his opinion counts and he will definitely give me a honest one. Dr. Dean was very nice. I couldn't find any reviews on him, so I would take no reviews or complaints as a good thing. He pointed out the same areas to take the fat as the other doctors so I also took that as a sign that he knows what he's doing. He also told me he would use PRP (plasma rich protein) so the size of my buttock will grow even more over time. PRP makes the fat cells grow which would cause growth in my buttocks. I've already did my blood work I'm just waiting to schedule the surgery. I have to work around my graduation date in Sept 2013. Hopefully I can schedule before graduation. I'm trying to do it before I start working so I don't have to take time off of a new job because that would be quite tacky (lol). I am so excited that my dream of having A** is almost reality LOL. I'll continue posting because I know Strax has some bad reviews but they also have good ones and I know of people who have went there with very good outcomes. Hopefully I can give a good review on their BBL...we shall see!!

I thought I would've had surgery by now :(

I'm waiting on a payout that I haven't received yet in order to continue with my surgery preparation process. Received confirmation on September 16th that it's being processed and I should receive my money within the next 3 weeks. So hopefully my surgery will be in October or early November. Gosh I was hoping I would be sexy and headed through recovery by now. Welp we shall see how things workout soon.

Surgery October 14th

Surgery tomorrow!! So excited to finally get this thing done. I've waited sooo long for this and it's finally here. Will upload pics as soon as possible.

REGRET, REGRET, REGRET

Totally regret doing surgery here…WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. Body looks exactly the same and I'm so disappointed that I'm out of $5,000 that I could have used elsewhere.

Pics Finally

Front view

Right Buttock

Left buttock

No roundness or fullness in either buttock. No volume. And definitely not worth $5000.

Both Buttocks

MY FINAL THOUGHTS

Everyone thinking of using this should take head to the 3 reviews of him on realself. He specializes in hair transplanting not BBL/FAT TRANSFER. I think he is doing fat transfers to make extra money. He doesn't know how to sculpt a butt nor does he know what a bra roll is. He thinks because he's putting fat in your buttocks that he is doing it correct but this isn't true. He is not making it round nor is sculpting it. Neither is he putting enough in to get the desired affect. And on each and every review on him he leaves the bra roll (including mine). Some of you may think ooo he didn't do a good job on them and think youyou're going to be different. If you feel that way then by all means go ahead but I'm sure you will be dissatisfied. Take heed to the reviews of him on realself. Type his name in search and you will see that we all complained about the exact same things. That's a pattern people! Warning comes before destruction plus there are other doctors there that specializes in BBL. They lied to me and said he was the only one but I found out later that that wasn't true! His area is hair not fat transfer. Spend your money wisely. Sad to say that I didn't now I have to hope a revision fixes what he did not do.

Revision Surgery

Taking steps towards my revision surgery. I really really didn't want to do this thing twice but I just want it done correctly. Count down begins...
Randy M Dean MD

Not good for BBL

R u considering Dr Nees now?
Yes I am going to him. I am scheduled in October for surgery
Well my experience was completely different. I had surgery with doctor randy at strax n I love it. my body is sick. It was the best decision I've ever made. My surgery was 3500 so lil for such a life changer . Before considering this procedure I was 135 pounds n worked out every week. I researched this procedure for 4 years str8 always wonder if I really needed this. Unfortunately no matter how much I worked out squats never worked for me. I had to gain 10 pounds for the surgery. So I could have fat to transfer. At 5'8 and 135 you could imagine i was at almost at perfect body weight for my age and height. I have to say the hardest part is recovery it's tough my body was completely drained and in pain. You get a lil bit of pain killers and there is alot of fluid leaking the first 2 nights. But it's march and now I have a flat stomach and great butt im so happy. I wanted to post my story because strax is a great affordable place were people of all walks of life can get to do something that is usually to expensive for hard working women as myself. Also the best advice I can give Is I think the more a person works hard on their body such eating, exercise before surgery the better the results will turn out in the end. the One thing doctor randy kept telling me is that I had a great base to work with I have to say I did 60 percent of the work and straxs did 40 percent. I had real expectations even though he exceeded them. I think people should expect results not miracles.
Excuse me but as far as expecting a miracle, no I expect what I paid for. I HAVE NEVER BEEN OVERWEIGHT so a miracle is what I didnt need. If you look at my picture, although there is no before picture, u will see that my butt is flat with a dent that he made and I'm sure if it was you you would feel the same way if your 145 body would have came out of surgery the exact same way it was before surgery. He has had enough failures, there's no other way to go but up from there. If has gotten better then by all means congrats to him but if you search RS its more bad stories of him than just mine so practice should make perfect right? If he did you good then hats off to you and him, but please don't tell me I was expecting a miracle. I was expecting $5,000 worth of work and to have the pride to say my body is banging like the same banging body you came out of surgery with. If there was even a little change in my butt then I would say that, but to not see any at all I'm sure you would say that the doctor didn't do his job correctly. Besides he is a hair follicle implant doctor that now does butt lifts. I feel he was practicing on people before so I pray that he did get better at his job and I am happy that you are happy with your results.
Thanks
How is your results now. I'm schedule for surgery in a week with Dr. Dean. Should I ask for Dr. O instead??
Dr Nees does very good...he's the hot topic for fat transfers right now. Another girl I know just went last Monday n I haven't seen bad results from him yet so but that's my opinion
Hello, I sent you a inbox message.
Good luck hun
Thanks but its still questionable. The other girl Yali stomach looks okay but her butt doesnt look any different to me...my opinion
My surgery is on january with dr Dean....i will go head and do it with him unless i spoke with another doc in the off. I have a good good experience with strax, I cant lie, my mother, uncle, husband, mother in law, sister in law had a procedure with strax fabulous results...great... This is my 1st time with Dr. Dean i also was thinking that maybe the reason of the bad results can be the procedure? if you have to much fat...better to do a tummy tuck or liposuction Not a tickle lipo, i think a tickle lipo is more for people who is not to much overweight so they can take out all the fat necessary and the transfer may be better (just a opinion) Let see how it works on me. Im 5'6' 139 lbs...I lose a lot a weight on diet and exercise but still have a belly for pregnancies and small butt //i want flat belly and big butt lol...i think i need more the fat in my butt cuz the belly i can work it out in the gym...Wish me luck i will post pic's!
Having a good experience with Strax is different from a good experience with the doctor. Plus I WAS NEVER OVERWEIGHT and always had a small weight with wide hips. I gained weight for the procedure. So that theory about to much fat is not it huns. He is just not experienced enough in the area he is practicing he. He specializes in hair. All I say is do your research. When I got mine there wasn't any reviews on him but since then everyone has spoken out about their experience or did a review on him. So there's warning before destruction. There is MANY doctors there who has more experience and does better job. They told me he was the only one there who does the procedure which was a TOTAL LIE! No one can changr your mind once its made up so go ahead with him if that's what u wish to do
You are soo right about dr.dean. He has no idea what he's doing in regards to sculpting your body. Sure he removes the fat but he just puts it in your butt without any additional shaping. I wish I would have seen reviews like this prior to me going to him. Now I have to put aside more money to have another surgery. I will def not go back to strax.... They may be good for other surgeries but the buttock fat transfer is not their area of expertise
I had my consult today. I was considering a TT but Dr. Bass recommended Tickle lipo with Dr. Dean first. I paid $100 today just to secure the promo of $1999. He's gonna lipo my abdomen and flanks as well as my hips. Came home to do some research on him and this is not a good start. Do you know the name of the other doc who does this at Strax? Also i thought about fat transfer but is it true that you cant sit for 2 weeks?
Dr Nees and Dr O does good lipo from 0ther patients I know who have went to them...no u cannot sit for 10 days
I was told 3 weeks and after having it done my stomic is flat and my but is way bigger than I wanted but I was told it will go down cause of inflammation
Yalin Dr dean did your lipo and fat transfer will you recommend it ? Because not everybody here is happy with his work , what about you ?
Yali I would have to see pictures to believe it. Only because not one patient who had a fat transfer from him were happy with it and if he has FINALLY gotten it right I absolutely have to see before and after to believe it!
I will put after pictures hipfuly tomorrow when I take a bath I truly am happy with my results so far I can't wait for my inflammation to go Down
Thx Yali I was wondering if he have been doing this for a while!, he needs to have an experience already because is not his 1 or 2 procedure , just don't know why the results from others patients are so bad, it will be very very helpful is you post more pictures so we all can believe the he can do a good job:) very happy for you , I'm next :)
I am praying he did a good job on Yali and I really want to see because they are offering me a totally free revision surgery from him and the only way I will do it is if I see that he is getting better. I told myself it can't get any worse than it already is but I don't want to do a round 2 and go through all the pain again for unsatisfying results. I'd rather save up for another doctor to do a revision.
I would do a second doctor opinion, if he already did bad on you, he can do bad again...It is the same when someone cheat on you, he will do it again. I hope snatched that you can find a really good doc who can give you the results that you are looking for and deserve. keep us updating about your case.
I did 2 fat transfers at strax and I'm still not happy. I'm in a similiar predicament, they are offering to do a revision for free but I need to harvest the fat I have left and money lol and just go to another doctor. Thinking about going to dr. Salama
Do you have any pictures NeedanewBooty from before and after? thx
I had tickle lipo with dr dean as well and I'm not happy with my results either. He didn't really sculpt my bottom... Yes, it's bigger than it originally was but it's not round like I wanted it :( I wish I would have never went to strax