Breast Reconstruction with Autologous Fat Transfer - Latham, NY

I’m a breast cancer survivor; I had a double...

I’m a breast cancer survivor; I had a double mastectomy, breast reconstruction and silicone breast implant surgery done in 2008. I decided to consult with Dr. Capek in 2011 after not being happy with the results and issues I was having with my breast implants or with the care I was receiving from another plastic surgeons practice. I’m very happy that I made the switch to Dr. Capek because she is an excellent plastic surgeon who truly takes the time to listen and treats you with respect and kindness from start to finish. After my first meeting with her, I remember feeling hopeful that she could help me.

I chose to have my breast implants removed in 2011; Dr. Capek performed breast reconstruction with autologous fat transfer. I am so happy with the end results of this type of breast reconstruction that used my own body fat tissue instead of implants. The autologous fat transfer surgery was repeated a few times to get the desired results I needed, but it was well worth it as the end results were more than I could have hoped for.

Dr. Capek is the best, and the nurses and all of her staff were wonderful too. Everyone at her practice was very friendly, helpful and always treated me with kindness, caring and respect. I found the excellent care and support I received from them to be so important in the emotional and physical healing process that one goes through after having a breast cancer diagnosis and the long journey that often follows that diagnosis. I am so happy with the end results of my breast reconstruction and would highly recommend Dr. Capek. Thanks again Dr. Capek for the excellent care I received and for all that you did to help me to feel whole again.
Latham Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Capek is an excellent plastic surgeon. I would highly recommend her.

Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear you finally have the results you deserve after such a long and arduous journey. Sounds like you found a wonderful PS too! :)  Just curious as to what was bothering you about your implants? Asymmetry or discomfort? That's nice you were able to do the fat transfer. Was this also a rather long process? Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!