Lasik Was Totally Worth It!

My eye sight had gotten to the point where I was...

My eye sight had gotten to the point where I was legally blind without glasses. Everything was fuzzy! I hated glasses with a passion and I hated waking up and having to put them on to see across the room. I hated having to take them off before I could sleep and I hated them misting up, getting dirty....everything! Contacts were a pain because I would always do something to irritate them and at one point gave my eyes a bacterial infection that took quite a while to get under control.

My sister had the lasik first but only had one eye done because you eventually would need reading glasses. Some people can't handle having one eye for close and one for distance sight . Some people don't mind the idea of reading glasses. I for one, wanted nothing to do with them ever again!

Some people become nauseus with dizziness and/or headaches if they only have one eye done. My doctor gave me one contact, full strength, to wear in my dominant left eye to see if I could handle it for a while and because my eyes were so bad, he gave me a half prescription for the right eye to try if I wanted to try having the lasik done partially in that eye.

The one contact was a little trickie to get use to at first but I was determined and luckikly didn't get physically ill. I figured the human body can do amazing things when it has to so I decided this was one of those times mine would have to adapt. It's been 7 months and I am thrilled! My eyes are still adjusting to compensating for each other but most of the time I forget I even had the proceedure done!

My sister's was done about 2 years ago and she says by about the one year mark they just totally adjust to working with one another. I had night time car light fuzziness as well but that has dissapated.

I am so happy I had the proceedure done! It was one of the best choices I ever made! My only regret is that it took me so long to do it.!

Wonderful facility and very friendly staff! My doctor that performed the procedure was very knowledgeable, friendly and made sure I was comfortable at all times. Another doctor I saw intermittently during the pre and post op phases was equally helpful and encouraging.

Be the first to comment on this video...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join RealSelf or log in