Best Thing Since Sliced Bread! - Houston, TX

I had contact strength of -7.0 and -7.25. I could...

I had contact strength of -7.0 and -7.25. I could not read any book more than 6" in front of me. I had horrible eye site my entire life, started wearing glasses at age 8 and I am 34 yrs old now. This is my experiences after having the lasik surgery.

Day 1 of surgery at 11am 7/23/10: My eyes felt like little pebbles were under my eye lids. I wont lie, it hurt and was very uncomfortable. The doc said I should sleep for 5 hours and he gave me some sleep aid but it was so uncomfortable I could not sleep. After about 6 hours after surgery did this sensation go away. I still had very blurry vision almost like looking through plastic wrap with water in my eyes. I could see across the room but it was very "crystalized" like. I had dinner at 7:30, took some sleep aids and went back to bed and slept the entire night.

Day 2 after Surgery 7/24/10: I woke up to see very clear. My eyes were sore and a little puffy. I went to the Doc for my check up and I could see 20/15. Absolutely amazing! I have a series of drops I am taking every 4 hours and also "tears" every hour. I have haloing or star gazing, everything that is bright has an angelic haze around it. There is no pain but some discomfort. I want to rub my eyes but I know I cant. Driving at night has been quite the experience due to the haloing but its not anything I cant get use to in the event to haloing does not go away.

Day 3 7/25/10: Eyes feel better today and so haloing is still present. But Im still happy with my vision and still excited with the results of the lasik.

Whitsett Vision Group