Results Not Permanent

I worked at a Medical Spa for a year and initially...

I worked at a Medical Spa for a year and initially thought laser hair removal was the greatest thing ever. Over the course of a year, I had 5 sessions done on my underarms with the Palomar laser (I should have done 6 treatments to see the best results). At first everything was great, and all the hair was gone! Now that it's been several months since my last treatment, I'd say 50% of the hair has already come back.

I had three sessions done on my bikini area (again 6 is needed for best results). Initially I also saw great results, and all the treated hair was gone. A year later, almost all the hair is back!

At the Medical Spa where I worked, we had countless clients that initially saw good results, but then they would also see the hair grow back, even after their completed series of treatments. I think laser hair removal is a good option if you have a lot of money, and don't mind getting regular maintenance treatments each year. The pain on my bikini area was also pretty uncomfortable, but if the treatment was permanent, it would have been worth it.

I haven't completely given up on laser hair removal, and would still get it done if I get another job at a Medical Spa and can get free treatments. Otherwise, I'm going to wait until the technology improves to really make it a permanent solution.