NOT Permanent!

I had laser hair removal 3 years ago that was...

I had laser hair removal 3 years ago that was advertised as permanent. This was done by a Nurse Practitioner in a Medical Spa Setting. I have always had a hairy upper lip which I wax. At menopause I sprouted hair on my chin that I simply could not keep at bay with tweezers. I tweezed on them every morning for 15-20 minutes. I had two areas of concentrated growth. One about the size of a quarter and one the size of a fifty-cent piece. I had 3 sessions spaced at I believe 1 week intervals. The hair was gone for approximately 6 months then started growing back. It is even harder to keep plucked now as it seems that the folicles are "damaged" or something and the hair grows in sideways. Very black, stiff hair that is hard to pluck.

MedicSpa

one week intervals??? that's likely the reason it didn't work. i've heard that best spacing between treatments it anywhere from 4 weeks to 3 months to ensure that any dormant hairs have moved into the active phase of growth. the laser has to get it while it is in this phase, otherwise it will not be zapped away. it probably would have worked for you with a more knowledgable technician! try again?