Best Thing Around for Underarms, Good for Bikini

I had laser hair removal on my underarms and...

I had laser hair removal on my underarms and bikini areas about 5 years ago. I absolutely love the results on my underarms. They are hair-free and I have none of those irritating shaving bumps. About every few months or more, I do have 1 or 2 random hairs that I just pull or shave, but that's it.  The hair under my arms was mostly medium brown in color and average thickness.  I have had more regrowth on my bikini area, yet I still do not need to shave for bathing suits. Blonde hairs are not removed well by laser and that was most of my issue on the bikini.

I see in other reviews that some did not see this as painful - good for them. If I had not used a numbing cream (EMLA, available without prescription at Canadian online pharmacies), I don't think I could have endured this.  The ice packs they used for numbing are helpful, but not anywhere near as helpful as the cream.  I know there are some medications people take that can increase their sensitivity so check with the treatment provider in advance. I wasn't taking any of the medications so can't remember what they are.

I bought a package where I could go back as many times as I needed over a 2 year period. It was a much less expensive way to go as I had about 11 treatments to make sure I got every hair I could.  This was absolutely worth every penny.

Advanced Laser

Thanks DianeS! You make me wish I had continued treatment as needed over the two years since I did laser hair removal. My provider didn't offer the extended package... I think that's a great offer!

As long as I was having laser treatments, I was hairless. But after my last treatment, my hair grew back. Now I have to shave every other day or so, but I agree that it totally eliminated shaving bumps and ingrown hairs.

It took my a long time to get over feeling gypped about "permanent hair removal." My experience was "reduction."

Is it too late to get satisfactory results without starting the whole process over?