Never Again - Las Vegas, NV

I just finished my Invisalign treatment, and was...

I just finished my Invisalign treatment, and was looking forward to getting some cosmetic work done. I'm scheduled to get crowns on my two shorter, upper, outer incisors; However, the dentist recommended that I get whitening first, because otherwise the crowns would be made to match my fairly stained teeth. He made it sound routine. No one acted like it was a big deal, so when they asked if I could do it today, I said, "Sure."

I should've known better when they handed me a consent form. It stated there might be some sensitivity and that any existing fillings might not match. I asked two employees about the sensitivity and they referred to it as slight zings. "Slight" is not the word I would use to describe my pain. I only made it to the second round before I was begging for mercy. I had not heard about teeth whitening being so excruciating!

As soon as I checked RealSelf, the ~50% Worth It ratio brought my palm to my face. The Zoom treatment worked exceedingly well, but I don't think it is worth the pain. The worse part is that this was all before work! Luckily my lil cubicle is in the corner so that I could cry in peace.

There is no substitute for taking care of your teeth. If I had checked RealSelf first, I would've waited and tried something less harsh. The price of impatience and vanity was too painful.

Advice for the pain: I slathered my teeth, gums, and tray with Extra Strength Orajel. Relief gel was useless. Warm water also felt good, but was short lived. Pain ended after 20 hours.
Wagner

Thank you so much for sharing your Zoom experience, Ephelan. I'm sure the tips you shared for making the pain more manageable will help a lot of people!

it wasn't that bad
Maybe not for you. Keep in mind that pain is different for everyone. I've been knocked off my motorcycle by an ignorant motorist as well as stabbed in the leg. Those situations were less painful than Zoom. I don't know how to explain it. It's a different kind of pain that I couldn't tolerate as well.