Never Again - Las Vegas, NV

I just finished my Invisalign treatment, and was...

I just finished my Invisalign treatment, and was looking forward to getting some cosmetic work done. I'm scheduled to get crowns on my two shorter, upper, outer incisors; However, the dentist recommended that I get whitening first, because otherwise the crowns would be made to match my fairly stained teeth. He made it sound routine. No one acted like it was a big deal, so when they asked if I could do it today, I said, "Sure."

I should've known better when they handed me a consent form. It stated there might be some sensitivity and that any existing fillings might not match. I asked two employees about the sensitivity and they referred to it as slight zings. "Slight" is not the word I would use to describe my pain. I only made it to the second round before I was begging for mercy. I had not heard about teeth whitening being so excruciating!

As soon as I checked RealSelf, the ~50% Worth It ratio brought my palm to my face. The Zoom treatment worked exceedingly well, but I don't think it is worth the pain. The worse part is that this was all before work! Luckily my lil cubicle is in the corner so that I could cry in peace.

There is no substitute for taking care of your teeth. If I had checked RealSelf first, I would've waited and tried something less harsh. The price of impatience and vanity was too painful.

Advice for the pain: I slathered my teeth, gums, and tray with Extra Strength Orajel. Relief gel was useless. Warm water also felt good, but was short lived. Pain ended after 20 hours.
Wagner