My First Vi Peel... - Las Vegas, NV

December 17, 2010 had Vi peel done at a medical...

December 17, 2010 had Vi peel done at a medical spa. As instructed, I left my Vi peel on over night, washed faced and patted it dry. That night I washed my face and used the 1st towelette.

It is now day two. My face feels tight and what wrinkles I have under my face look even worse and more pronounced, most likely due to the tightening. Even though it feels alittle tight, it's not that tight, which kinda worried me. My face was itchey last night, but I have experinced no burning sensation.

I did use the 2nd towelette as instructed. I am peeling around my chin and mouth so far, but that is it. I'm kinda worried that I will not peel in my cheek area..and that where I need results more. Does the peel proceed up the face as it goes?

My boyfriend and I did this together and he is getting the same results as me and each stage is happening at the same time. I will log in every day until day 5. I go out of town on day five.

BTW, My boyfriend and I went to the movies tonight (still day two). We never laughted so hard in public..ordering popcorn and soda at the concessions..OMGosh, the looks we were getting. We had a great time tonight laughing at ourselves..a memory that will last forever.

Day #3. Monday, 12/20/10 I'm still peeling...

Day #3. Monday, 12/20/10 I'm still peeling just around my face and mouth..seems like I'm peeling in the same places over again each day. I'm not peeling around aything else..not under my eyes, cheeks or forehead. Should I be peeling heavier and all over by now???

The peeling I am experiencing is like a sunburn..just flaking off in small pieces-not like thick sheets of skin like everyone else. Again, my peel was a Vi Peel and was done by a licensed professional. I'm wondering since I exfoliate almost once a week, that I really didn't have that much skin that I needed to get rid of..who knows.

My face has not been on fire like some of the other users have stated and I think this is why: My doctor told me NOT to moisturize until the peeling process is over. I'm assumming that is because putting anything with lanolin, parafins, or oils, etc would not feel great on raw skin..thus the burning sensation some people are experiencing. My boyfriend who did this with me at the same time is experiencing peeling on his whole face in thicker pieces. He is not feeling a burning sensation either. So far, it has pretty painless except for a few itchy spots for both of us.

He and I are getting on a plane on Wednesday!! My luck I will start peeling badly that day! lol That would be so funny and then it would not at the same time. I'll guess I just have to laugh if it happens that way. Hey, at least no one will want to sit next to me on the plane..3 seats all to myself.

Hi petitetinyone,

Welcome to the community. We would love it that you update your review through your healing process. Although, healing is seeming challenging now, I'm glad your boyfriend is going through it with you and that you two could laugh about it. :) Can't wait for the updates.

Thanks,

-Britt

Thanks Britt. It's now day three and I updated it today. According to your site, update will show in Tuesday :)

Yep Petitetinyo, just saw your update. Glad you are peeling now and there is not a ton of discomfort. Yes the plane ride should be funny. Let us know how that goes. ;)

Thanks,

-Britt

We got on the plane..face was flaking everywhere...

We got on the plane..face was flaking everywhere but still not the peeling that almost everyone has experienced. I am not happy that the skin around my eyes and rightt above my cheeks did not peel the way it was supposed to. At this pointt the wrinkles under my eyes look worse. If you are trying to get your skin to improve just around your chin and mouth only than this is the peel for you. I feel like at this point that I have been embarrased in places for nothing and that my peel was a lot of wasted energy. I look older than before because the tightened skin around my upper face has tightened and has not peeled..and probably won't.

It is now day 8. I've stopped flaking off......

It is now day 8. I've stopped flaking off....the skin around my face and mouth flaked off about four times. During this trreatment but the rest of my face barely anything..well ok my forehead started to peel on the 4th day..forgot about that. The assessment thus far is that my mouth chin and forhead peeled. Or should I say flaked off for 4 days but the area I was more concerned about..my cheeks and under my eyes did not. I'm just left with tight skin that will not peel. My boyfriends did the same thing. He just gave up on it. I put lotion on my skin today sand it burned. Do not put lotion on your face until the skin heals or it just feels like fire. Also do not pick the skin off your face or it will leave red splotchy patches on your skin as my boyfriend found that out the hard way. I've given up on the other areas of my skin peeling the r rest of the way. When I get home from my holiday trip I might try exfoliation my self to get rid of my tight skin under my eyes and cheeks. I highly do not recommend this vi peel. What a waste of time and money.

Have you changed your mind about it being worth it now? How is your skin doing?
No. I would not do it again. I eneded up with some discolorization under my left eye. Unless you have nothng to lose id never do it again. Too many risks. Id rather forth out big money to get a face lift than to spend a fraction and end up with spots on my face and more wrinkles under my eyes that formed but did not peel. Good luck everyone.
Just Face It Med Spa in Las Vegas

I'm on day 3. This is m recommendation so far.