I had an obvious bump on my bridge. - Rhinoplasty - Las Vegas, NV

Hello everyone my name is Lindsey and I had...

Hello everyone my name is Lindsey and I had surgery on 9/5/13. I pretty much disliked my nose ever since middle school, of course the teasing didn't help and I felt pretty bad about myself. I've been lurking on this site ever since November of last year and that's when I started looking into fixing my nose. I had an obvious bump on my bridge and that's pretty much all I was looking to fix. I also always had trouble breathing through my nose as well so I decided to go and have it checked out. In order to see a specialist I had to go to my primary doc before hand. I finally made and appointment and my doctor decides to prescribe me nose spray for allergies. I wasn't too happy about that because I obviously knew it was more serious than just allergies.

I saw my doctor two weeks later and told her the spray did me no justice so she sent me to a ENT clinic. As soon as I stepped into the ENT office the doctor that was examining my nose and noticed the bump on my bridge right away. He asked if I wanted that fixed and of course I was quick to say yes. He took X rays and said that I had a severe deviated septum and since I also wanted my bump fixed he sent me off to Dr. Schroeder, One of the greatest ENT Doctors of Las Vegas.

Now when I met Dr. Schroeder I was so happy. He made me feel so comfortable and as soon as he walked in the room he was already staring at my face and saying exactly what he wanted to do with my nose. He was very patient and listened to what I had to say. He took pictures of my profile and showed me images of what my new nose would look like. He also told me that when I smiled my nose drooped and that he would correct that issue and narrow the nose as well. I was excited and couldn't wait to have the surgery scheduled.

Fast Forward and I had the surgery, everything went swell. I have to say that the first 2 days were horrible for me. I was in so much pain and surprisingly the pain killers were no help . I didn't bleed too bad and I didn't bruise too much. I was extremely swollen which sucks because my cheeks are already chubby to begin with so I looked pretty hefty lol. Four days later I had my cast removed. I literally cried when I looked in the mirror. I never thought I would see myself with a straight nose, it looked so natural and beautiful. I thanked him for everything that he did for me and he told me that seeing me smile made it well worth it. I didn't feel my normal self until about 2 weeks later. My nose definitely changed during the next couple of days. I didn't like it about 1 week after cast removal it looked so wide but I knew that was part of the healing process. Around 2 weeks I was starting to feel normal and put makeup on.

Now I'm at 1 month and so far so good!!! My nose definitely changes during the day. Ill wake up and it will look narrow then when I come back from being out and about I notice it swells back up. Oh well! I'm fine being patient and I'm already loving it after 1 month! I'm happy I went through with it and i can finally live my life without being insecure about my nose.

A couple more pictures

The swelling on my nose is definitely staying put. These past couple of days I've been accidentally hitting my nose, nothing too serious but it hurts:( I'm still using a saline solution to clean out my nose everyday and I'll tape it down once in a while. I have a follow up appointment tomorrow so I'll also update what my surgeon says :) thank you all for the wonderful comments! Talk to you soon!
Las Vegas Facial Plastic Surgeon

If there is any way you could post back up your before and afters, that would be greatly appreciated. :) Hope your recovery is going great and hope to hear from you soon :)
Hi :) I am looking for a rhinoplasty surgeon out in vegas and was wondering if I could see your photos? I tried going to the website of your surgeon but there are no pictures to be found :( if there is anyway you could post them back up or email them to me that would be greatly appreciated! Definitely if I choose to go with this doc I will let them know that you referred me :) happy new year!!
wow only 3,500?!!! i really gotta consider getting my nosejob in LV
Hi hon! Thought I'd drop by and say hi. Your results are so great- just a question, did you feel a lil piggy after cast removal? I feel like my tip is just a couple mms high, I'm hoping it'll drop after the swelling goes down a little. I'm only 7 days post op after all!! :) Thx in advance for your help.
Thanks ;) just to let you know it is completely normal for your nose to look upturned after cast removal. My nose started to drop the 3rd week and now it looks normal.
Hi hun.looking great! Pls trll us where hun? I also need to fix my nose is small buy bumpy grrr.send me a pm if you wany.happy healing :)
You look great and the results are incredible!!! Could you please tell me were exactly you got your nose job, I want to get my nose fixed too because I don't like mines it makes me feel insecured!
Thank you so much! i went to the ent of Las Vegas, since i needed a septoplasty i went through my insurance and thats how i found Dr. Schroeder.
wow, gorgeous before and after, but your new nose is amazing!
Your nose looks amazing! I can't believe you chopped your hair off because I was about to comment on lustrous it looked in the before pics, haha. Your PS did a really good job on your nostrils.
Why thank you ;) I was looking at your new pic and your nose looks so thin and beautiful! It looks great with your other features! My hair was not the biz lol it was pretty fried I had to do it.
Wow! Incredible results! You have a fantastic "after" nose- completely natural looking (even right after the cast off!) I'm astounded. Congrats! Hope you're healing well.
Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking to do & my PS exceeded my expectations. I hope everything goes well with you! Best of luck
You look amazing! What did you do with your nostrils? I want to do that, the lowering of the nostrils instead of making the septum higher.
Thank you so much! I actually had no nostril work done at all just my tip and bridge were fixed.

Amazing results! I'm sorry you had to deal with so much pain the first couple days. Yikes! Here's to a great outcome and better breathing.

Very good results.
You look GREAT girl!
Thanks doll ;) as do you ! you're nose looks amazing!
You look great !!! And most importantly still natural at the same time.
Thank you! Best of luck to you, I hope everything turns out great :D
Thank you so much! I hope so too I can't wait!
I thought you were pretty "before" but really like the "after" photos a lot!  So glad that everything went well!  Thanks for sharing!
Aw thank you I appreciate it :) I'm sorry to hear about your story. I really hope everything gets better for you.